New Connaught - Garethj
A new British company making a new car: www.connaughtmotorco.com

Will it get off the ground or die a slow quiet death?

I think it's got something different to offer from the usual suspects, your thoughts?
New Connaught - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Financial suicide to make a new car AND build your own exotic V10 engine, all from scratch.Even buying in the usual Ford or Toyota engine is no guarantee to make money.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
New Connaught - L'escargot
We need all the British manufacturing companies that we can get. I hope they are successful.
--
L\'escargot.
New Connaught - Pugugly {P}
Hybrid, Supercharged. Mmmm I wonder, Its different enough to be sure.
New Connaught - Tomo
Not enough information on the website; and one rather curious thing is, the wheels shown are four stud, whereas all serious cars seem to have five stud nowadays. Very odd, if we are thinking of a V10 - like Dodge Viper?

New Connaught - Sofa Spud
So it's going to have a V10 engine of 'only' 300 bhp! Seems a bit pointless. It also says mid-mounted engine but the bonnet looks long, with a power bulge in it. Perhaps they call a set-back front engine mid-mounted. Also it doesn't fare too well in the looks department.

Cheers, SS

.....Especially in the hybrid version, a V10 engine would be superflous. The assistance from the electric motor would smooth out 'labouring' of, say, a 4-cylinder engine, when pulling from low revs. That's assuming it's of the 'electrically-assisted' hybrid type, rather than the Toyota Prius 'electric car with on-board generator' variety.

Cheers, SS
New Connaught - Garethj
Agreed, the website doesn't give much away, the most comprehensive report is here: web.channel4.com/4car/feature/preview/2005/connaug.../

I like the sound of a lightweight sports car, not everything has to weight upwards of two tonnes!
Do flourescent pink paint, red brake calipers and neon lighting cost extra? So the V10 engine is just 2-litres. Have all the other manufacturers been getting it wrong all this time?

Cheers, SS
New Connaught - Group B
Good luck to them, certainly hope they can make a success of it. But will it only attract eccentric buyers who buy things like Bristols? Big wheelarches remind me of that MG-SVR and it will probably sell like one too. Front lights remind me slightly of late '60's Alfa GTA. I cant believe it only weighs 850kgs, would be interesting to see a proper road test of it. I dont think they would get away with putting a 4-cyl engine in a £60k sports coupe, could make do with a V6. But I suppose the V10 is one of its quirky selling features? At least its only 2 valves per cylinder to reduce the complexity a bit.