insurance - tim
Is there an insurance company that will cover my MX5, PUNTO & MOTORHOME on one policy and give a discount considering that I can only drive one vehicle at a time?
Re: insurance - Ronnie Courtney
.... and considering that something pretty dramatic could happen to either, or both, of the other vehicles whilst you are happily driving the third, miles away? Or even, heaven forfend, that you unhappily drive one into another, or both?

Ronnie
Re: insurance - Mark (Brazil)
with you as the only driver on all three ?
Re: insurance - Darcy Kitchin
Cornhill cover my 3 cars and 2 drivers on one policy. On the 2 occasions we have claimed, their approved garage has behaved well including courtesy car, keeping me infomed of progress etc.
Re: insurance - Mark (Brazil)
I think there's two different things here.

Most Insurers will cover multiple cars on a single insurance policy - this may or may not be cheaper, in fact typically not, but it is administratively easier.

However, some insurers will give a discount in recognition of exactly the fact that multiple vehicles with one driver is a lower risk than with multiple drivers.

However, it is normally a requirement that all policies are restricted to IOD. And indeed the discount is not as much as you might think since there is still a theft/fire/damage risk and typically slightly higher mileage.
Re: insurance - Cliff Pope
Not relevant here, but there are classic car policies that cover any number of vehicles subject to a total mileage allowance, any drivers.
Re: insurance - Ronnie Courtney
Tim

As ever, Mark puts the technical aspects of this case very succinctly. My "raised eyebrows" were of course more because of the hoped for reduction in cost, rather than having all three vehicles on one policy.

Still not known if you are the only driver.

Ronnie
Re: insurance - Rswipes
I have 3 vehicles between my wife and myself and considered going down the multiple vehicle 1 policy route but discovered not only can you get cheaper cover seperately (and suprisingly enough by having the wife coveredon all vehicles instead of driver only on my old Land Rover that she never drives), but
you can build up seperate no claims bonuses. Hence loose some bonus on the most expensive cover and swop the vehicles so that the cheapest car is on the policy with the least bonus etc.