Hyundai Accent (bit long) - flea
engine management light keeps coming on

first trip to garage resulted in a list of faults as long as your arm, ie knackered immob (car starts fine), sensors, exhaust, etc. so took it to another garage, to be plugged into the computer, and it came up with faulty oxygen sensor. had this replaced, management light came back on again after 3wks. took it back to the garage, showed faulty air meter, but they 'flushed the system??' and the light went out. told me to bring it back if the light came on again. next day, light back on, they say air meter needs replacing

do i really need all these repairs, or is there an electrical fault giving false engine management readings? both garages i visited said there was water in something, they dried it off, gave them a squirt of something, and hey presto, the light goes out for a couple of days

the exhaust does sound a bit rattly at times, but not what i would call blowing. although today, when i stopped the car there was a strong smell of petrol in the air.

also the oil light comes on if a go round one particular sharp bend near my house, but nowhere else.

could all these things be related?

its got no obvious loss in performance, and its not drinking petrol, i just feel im having to spend out, when im not even sure, if the work they are doing, is the right thing. can mechanics not work out what a fault is, unless the computer tells them so, anymore?

tia flea
Hyundai Accent (bit long) - bell boy
i rang my hyundai dealer yesterday and they never even picked up answer me that?anyway i rang the next town they answered straight away and the service was first class and i shall use them again,the answer to your question?if its older than a t get rid they aint worth a candle
Hyundai Accent (bit long) - flea
its a W reg, so i really didnt think id be having any probs yet

flea
Hyundai Accent (bit long) - Roberson
Sorry I can't help with your main query, but:

"the oil light comes on if a go round one particular sharp bend near my house".

Have you checked your oil recently, as these are classic symptoms of low oil levels. As you corner, all the oil in the sump runs away from the pick up strainer, hence the light.
Hyundai Accent (bit long) - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
It was probably the air mass meter in the first place. Because it was giving a plausible but flawed signal to the ECU the diagnostics dont see that as a problem then because the O2 sensor is banging permanently against its stop trying to correct the fueling THAT shows up as the fault.Sounds like you have very low oil level.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!