Overheating Marea - David
My 2.0 Fiat Marea keeps overheating and as yet the local garage can't find anything obvious wrong with it. Symptoms are that when the engine has to work at all hard, the water temperature gauge starts to point skyward. Strangely enough, giving it plenty of revs bring the temperature back down. I'm no mechanic, and the car is going to have a new thermostat as the next cheapest thing to replace but I thought I'd see if this makes any sense to anyone. I bought this car very cheaply 18 months ago to do lots of miles and although it's a good drive, great engine etc, I have grown to hate it. If I wasn't almost bankrupt I'd change it for something quiet and cosseting.

Cheers,

David.
Re: Overheating Marea - John Davis
If the cooling system has been checked, ie, flushed through etc, I should have thought that the garage, doing the checks, would have tested the thermostat as a mtter of course.
I hope you have not got the start of the dreaded head gasket failure but, further checks, ie, bubbling up of the coolant when increasing the revs, should be made.
Re: Overheating Marea - Robert Evans
Perhaps it's just an errant temperature gauge?
Overheating Marea - David Lacey
I'd go for the radiator

David