Renault Clio S reg Cam Belt - Der Boff
Just had a interesting experience of my cambelt failing on my trusty old Renault Clio. I know I should have had it changed I had done 80K but forgot...

Anyway there are two question I would like to ask.

1) Since I was doing 70 at the time and ran for a couple of seconds in gear but engine not runing, what the likelyhood of damage to my engine. And can I check easily at home.
2) How much is it likely to cost me if it hasnt or if it has done damge. I'm guess it isnt a simple DIY job.

Basically I want to work out if the worse case has happen, whether it is worth repairing or not.

Much much Thanks

Der Boff
Renault Clio S reg Cam Belt - tvr john
will have bent some valves for sure, it's a head off job and check for any other damage.
If head is serviceable you'll be looking at £250/300 if you can find a tame mechanic!

good luck.

Renault Clio S reg Cam Belt - Der Boff
Thx tvr John.

Booked in and now awaiting the bill

(lump in throat)
Renault Clio S reg Cam Belt - arrowst
Funnily enough the cambelt on my T reg Renault Clio went 3 weeks ago while I was on the motorway (car has done 66k).

It bent 5 out of 8 valves and cost me £540 to fix (inc VAT). Was not best pleased, although it had been struggling to start for a couple of months so it's my own fault for not taking it into the garage earlier.