Omega Saloon - DavidT
This car has been parked up for 2 months. Battery is flat and I am not able to open the car.
I am told that if I insert the key in the door-lock and lift the handle turning the key clockwise will unlock the door.
It doesn't !

Anybody know how to open the car please ?
Omega Saloon - Hamsafar
Can you open the boot?
If so, you can then open the boot light housing and connect 12v to it from a charger (check polarity first), transformer, battery etc... and open the car with the key or remote maybe or by turning the boot lock again (as long as it's the old shape as new shape has no keyhole).
Omega Saloon - DavidT
This sounds neat. So far am unable to operate boot lid lock. Feels jammed. Have inject wd40 and waiting.
Thanks for your help
Omega Saloon - Dynamic Dave
Sounds like the drivers door lock has seized through lack of use because previously been using a remote plipper to open it. Try spraying a small amount of wd-40 in through the key hole to see if it will loosen it up. The door *should* open with the key regardless of battery condition as it's a mechanical lock, and doesn't rely on the battery being charged to open it. The other doors however will probably be deadlocked, so they will rely on battery power to open them.

Failing the key turning, do as Ishok Leyland suggests, and if you can get through the boot into the cabin, put the key in the ignition and turn until you get the dash lights, then press the fob buttons to re-syncronise the central locking. DON'T however attempt to start the engine with just power being fed through the boot light from an external power supply.
Omega Saloon - Peter D
There is not a tow ball and electrics is there as you could charge the battery via the electics socket to fire the system up. Regards Peter
Omega Saloon - DavidT
Good idea. Sadly no tow bar.

Cheers
Omega Saloon - DavidT
Thanks for your help. Good info on synchronising alarm

Regards
Omega Saloon - Robbie
The driver's door occasionally used to do this on my Omega. Spray underneath the handle, into the handle mechanism, and leave for about twenty minutes.

I used to keep lifting up the handle and eventually the door would open - and I used the car every day.