Road Angel Sat Nav - Chicken Madras
I feel the need for a new toy and whilst stocking up on de-icer etc at my local Halfords, I noticed that they are selling Road Angels with Sat Nav for £499, plus it's a 10% off weekend.

Does anyone have any experience of these units? I see that the sat nav works via Postcodes which is only thing I dislike about the unit in my IS200.

Cheers,
CM
Road Angel Sat Nav - AndyTDi130
I've been looking at the same unit, and am waiting for a little reassurance on it....just seems a bit pricey!

I think I saw it on a double page ad in the Express last weekend... when I looked it up online, I couldn't help thinking that the layout and casing looked suspiciously like some of the others on the market - so I reckon it's a bit of badge engineering with some extra margin slapped on the price.

Also makes me wonder whether the others will have a downloadable camera database at some point - same functionality, lower price!
Road Angel Sat Nav - Altea Ego
Most others do, Navman, TomTom, some garmin can all be updated with cameras.

Frankly the road angel is well out kilter price wise,
--
RF - currently 1 Renault short of a family
Road Angel Sat Nav - buzbee
Chicken Madras,

Read
www.mytomtomgo.com/review_tomtom-one.php
www.pocketgps.co.uk/tomtom-go.php

before spending your £499.

Tom Tom One: has full postcode search, includes POI (speed cameras) for £290 with UK map. and has the latest, very sensitive, satelite receiver.
Road Angel Sat Nav - quizman
My brother has got a fancy speed camera detector. The other day it started bleeping, he slowed down and sure enough a speed camera. He goes past and increases speed, then some cops with a hand held one!

£60+ 3points, you can't help but laugh.