New Landrover 2.8td engine ????? - autumnboy
A friend of mine has seen an artical where a new replacement HS2.8L td engine had been fitted to a Land Rover in place of its 2.5td.

This engine is supplied by International-Engines in Brazil, who supplied the 2.5 engine to Land Rover for its production and other engines to other manufacturers.

This engine although new in product, has no electronics to worry about

The question my mate is asking, is there any other Vehicle currently using this engine in production besides Land Rover.

One thing I forgot to mention is that this engine is known as the 'Brazilian' with the boys who have Land Rovers.

(Its been said so many times, why can't there be an Edit tool with this site???)

There is, just that you don't have it ;-).

Remember, the only Brazilians we are talking about here are engines, OK all?

smokie
New Landrover 2.8td engine ????? - Dave N
There is a Santana that looks like a Land Rover defender, and this is fitted with a 2.8 Iveco engine. Part of their sales pitch is the lack of electronics.
From what my mate has seen about the Iveco 2.8td engine its has common rail fuel system therefore has a ECU circuit requirement. But would this fit the Land Rover range of gearboxes :- Defender and Discoverys ??
New Landrover 2.8td engine ????? - lughole
The Brazilian engine is a bored out version of the old 300tdi Land Rover engine. They're not being used in any production vehicles as far as I know, but there are one or two that have been installed in existing vehicles- Land Rover Owner mag have got one in a fairly ancient Discovery. They cost around £5k, so it was probably worth more than the Disco itself pre-transplant.

They are supposed to be very good- power etc figures are similar to the Td5.
This is where he saw the transplant in the Mag, but he like everyone don't want to pay that sort of reddies for an engine.

I'm not sure about the Iveco engine if this is the same as a Ford.

Ok Smokie, If I/we don't have it, where can I/we get it ??
New Landrover 2.8td engine ????? - Xileno {P}
You can easily get it. You just have to go to another site :-)
OK, Where is this site ????