road tax query - defender
on the 31st of oct I found a reminder to tax a car for 1st oct,oops been running a month without tax disc,however I managed to tax it online at 11.30pm having used the 14 days grace and a bit more taxing it from the 1st oct.does the automatic fine come in to force on the first day of the next month ,in this case november and would the fact that no new style log book/reg document has been issued for this motor have any bearing on this?
road tax query - Robin Reliant
I am pretty sure you will be ok, especially as the DVLA computer accepted your renewal and your start date had no gaps from when the previous disc expired. It is when you go into the following month that you would get a problem.

BTW there is no 14 days grace, that is one of those old myths that people still believe.
road tax query - Dwight Van Driver
November has started so entering the Revenue Generating Room he strolled forward with evil glint in his eyes, sat down at the machine and on the Computor screen typed out the key phrase " LIST:Non taxed/sorned vehicles since 30th September 2005." With a flourish of his finger he dabbed the enter key like a solo pianist and then sat back.Job down.

The machine clanked, groaned, emitted steam and set to on its task finally stopping with a hissing sound akin to a tyre deflating. Its out tray was stacked high with £80 fines for those that had not complied.

But where was the paperwork for the arch criminal Defender?
Cursed.... twas not there for the crafty man, having escaped detection out on the road, had renewed within the month it fell due (wipes brow)so when the magical machine ran over the records Defenders vehicle was in the good boys section so was left alone..... for this time??????

Defender now sleeps blissfully at night.

dvd
road tax query - defender
thanks for the replys ,I hoped this would be the case.
having searched dvla site there is provision for 14 days grace but only if vehicle is kept of the road see www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/unlicensed.htm under heading what if I do not license or declare sorn ,it would not have helped me in this instance. phew half an hour to spare ,good job I found the reminder