Super unleaded in 6 Sport - J1mbo
Hi all, its been suggested I might get better consumption from my Mazda 6 Sport if I switch to Super Unleaded. The car is brand new, its not a v6 but I wonder if its worth it?

Cheers.
Super unleaded in 6 Sport - AlastairW
I get slightly better mpg on Optimax in my Focus, but to be honest I dont think it makes enough difference to justify the price premium.
Super unleaded in 6 Sport - Falkirk Bairn
If it is a new car & you are going to keep it for many years then Optimax keeps the engine clean and the car seems to run more smoothly - no noticeable difference in MPG - may be 10/15 miles more per tank but that is a subjective assessment - many other matters affect the mpg.

£2.40 extra a fill up - say 1 x per week is not a lot of money.

If you intend to trade the car in in say 2/3 years putting in Optimax will only really benefit the new owner unless you do a high mileage.

I have a Mazda V6 from 1998 - it sems to go run smoother and it has no problems with emisssions come MOT time - it has been drinking Optimax for 3+ years.
Super unleaded in 6 Sport - turbo11
i have been using optimax in my mazda6 for the last 3 months.I travel approx 450 miles a week,mostly dual carriageway and motorway.With unleaded i average 37/38mpg.with optimax i average 41/42mpg.Combined with much smoother running and response,for me optimax is worth the extra money.
Super unleaded in 6 Sport - turbo11
p.s. my freind will only run his new M3 on optimax.He reckons the difference is huge.