Renault free breakdown assistance - BobbyG
www.renaultuk.co.uk/breakdowncurrentoffers.aspx

Whilst in getting my Scenic serviced, I saw a leaflet re the above.

Basically, if you own a Renault aged 3-7 years and you get it MOT'd at the dealer, then you get free AA Breakdown assistance.

Looked a good deal to me.

[Cue all the smart - alecs saying that if you have a Renault then you will need it...]
Renault free breakdown assistance - NowWheels
[Cue all the smart - alecs saying that if you have
a Renault then you will need it...]

Presumably if you were certain to need it, then the breakdown service would look at the stats and set such a high price that it would be uneconomic for Renault to offer it.

It's like the way that Japanese cars used to offer better warranties than British-made ones. The Japs could afford it 'cos their cars wouldn't break down often.
Renault free breakdown assistance - Xileno {P}
And I wonder how much a main dealer is going to charge for an MOT test compared to a smaller indy.

Nice idea, it gets people into the showrooms. But sorry Renault, I like your cars but I'm tight fisted.
Renault free breakdown assistance - BobbyG
Thought all MOT's were standard price set by DoT?
Renault free breakdown assistance - DavidHM
Bobby - there's a maximum fee and there used to be quite a large variation between independent discount places and others. Since the introduction of the computerised MoT system it seems to be waning but at the statutory price of £44.15 you're virtually getting a buy one get one free deal.

Of course Renault hope to make up the money by either getting the work for rectifying any faults found, or alternatively getting you to book a service at the same time as the MoT (lots of people get both done once a year) so there is a back end to the deal, but it still seems worthwhile to me.
Renault free breakdown assistance - cheddar
Renault Xtra Assistance Basic Cover
Quote the Renault website:

"Roadside Assistance. Assistance a quarter of a mile or more from your home
Home Start Assistance. Assistance at or within a quarter of a mile from your home
Local Tow. 10 miles to your closest Renault dealer

Basic Cover does not include Non-Warranty Incidents:
The use of incorrect fuel, or lack of fuel
Wheel changes, punctured tyres
Keys locked inside the vehicle, damaged, lost or stolen
Road traffic accidents
Renault Xtra Assistance Full Cover?

Upgrade to Full Assistance for £50
All Basic Cover items listed above
All Non-Warranty incidents listed above
National Recovery
One-day car hire
Hotel Accommodation
Full European Cover"

They are clearly hoping, if not expecting, that people will upgarde for £50.