what car - m pardoe
I need to buy a car for the wife to do about 7000 miles per year.she wont drive big cars like mondeos which in my price range of up to 3k would provide good value.what smaaler cars would you reccommmend in this diificult section of the market??
Re: what car - Kevin Alder
Funny you should ask - I have a 1996 P-reg Fiesta Classic 1.1 for sale - 50000 miles, one owner, garaged from new, full service history, good condition etc etc. I got onto this website to try to find out if anyone else had experienced high oil consumption in these engines and apparently they have. But for £1995 you can have a lovely little motor that will easily be good for 7000 miles a year so long as you don't mind topping up the oil every week - it has no effect on the performance and there is no smoke from the exhaust. It hasn't had its 50000 mile service yet, but it has 6 months tax and MOT. You can phone me on 01908 677516 (Milton Keynes). Cheers, Kevin Alder
Re: what car - Kevin Alder
ps - I should have mentioned that the only reason I am selling the Fiesta is that I have won a new shape Corsa 12v Expression with three years warranty and free insurance which should be delivered by Easter.
Re: what car - Andrew Holdsworth
My wife has a 1.1 Fiesta of 1991 vintage. I too had to regularly check and replenish the oil, from new, despite there being no leakage and no real visible signs of excess smoke. The other problem was emulsified oil in the breathers which required regular cleaning. I believe this also resulted in the accumulation of oil/carbon debris inside the rocker cover despite 5k changes. Nevertheless still running strong at 92k.
Re: what car - richard turpin
If your 3K can stretch to 4, why not buy a new or nearly new Jap or Korean mini car. You will probably get a year's free insurance and tax thrown in. No offence to Kevin, but why buy a 5 year old Fiesta at that price.