polo rust spot - Siba
I have noticed a small rust spot on the door frame of my 1999 polo. Does anyone have any advice of what i should do before the rust really takes hold?

Thanks for any tips

polo rust spot - steveo30
use a dremel type tool if you have one, or sandpaper/small screwdriver to sand /scrape at the rust until its clean metal

then apply primer and paint...with a small brush if its a small area

halford or any good motorists shop should have touch in paint and rust primer , or the dealer will have touch up sticks

your paint code will be on a paper sticker somehwere under the boot carpet, also in your service book
polo rust spot - Civic8
No anti rust warranty on it?
--
Steve
polo rust spot - horatio
Sounds like it might be on a part which is out of sight. If so no need to worry about getting a perfect finish.

Dremel grind the rust to bare metal, make sure you eat all the rust and eat the surrounding paint until you are sure there is no more rust. Then use a piece of fine sand paper to gently finish off the metal and the edge of the paint around the patch.

Now if you like you can get some rust eater acid gel from an auto shop, paste a bit on and leave for 10 mins (this will eat away any remaining rust particles. wash off with water and dry. leave for 10 mins to dry good.

Now If I were you I would use a grey primer with zinc oxide mixed in it, I believe hammerite do a tin of this (but it could be someone else). paint on one coat of that stuff, leave for a few hours to dry and finish off with a spray can of the right colour spray into the lid and paint it on or make a hole in a corn flake box like a stencil and spray gently onto affected area.