New Ford Transit - Citroënian {P}
Has Ford released a new Ford Transit? Can't find anything on their website but I'm sure I saw something very transit sized with Ford badges on it, parked up just off the M62 today.

Much rounder front, along the lines of the Mercedes Sprinter, but you can't really get away from the box shape for the rest of it!

I'm guessing they've not released it yet as there's normally a big advert campaign.
-- Lee .. A festivus for the rest of us.
New Ford Transit - DavidHM
Are you sure it wasn't one of these?

www.ldvmaxus.com/extgallery.htm

Admittedly there are no Ford badges but it matches the rest of your description to a tee.
New Ford Transit - Imagos
Driven one of these.. pretty abyssmal really, poor egonomics inside(poor centre mounted instruments) rubbish radio and no blind spot second mirror makes overtaking quite dangerous.

Having said that you don't buy a van on the way it drives.

Transit is much much better.
New Ford Transit - blue_haddock
I hadn't heard of a new transit being released and looking at the shape of the LDV logo it is slightly oval so you could easily be mistaken with a quick glance.

I haven't driven one but the leasing rates for them are terrible, it may be a lot better than LDV's of old but it's still tarred with the same brush and so has almost no residual value.
New Ford Transit - pafosman
About a month ago my local Ford guy told me there was a facelifted model due for the new year. Nothing special, cosmetic tweeks, few more bhp, usual stuff. The only significant change he was aware of was a 6 speed gearbox as standard. Could be just rumours of course!
papho
New Ford Transit - Vansboy
As with most cars, these days, it's hard to tell one make from another.So maybe the Transit you saw was one with a few go-faster options - there's plenty of add ons available.

Pity Ford seem to have cut so many costs in current model, it ain't what it once was.

& all the other competitors are grabbing market share, 'cos of it!!

VB
New Ford Transit - Imagos
Pity Ford seem to have cut so many costs in current
model, it ain't what it once was.
& all the other competitors are grabbing market share, 'cos of
it!!

Nope, disagree with that, The Transit is as good as it'd ever been and companys like LDV try and mirror the design with simular designs like the Maxus.

Several weeks ago i drove a Maxus from London into Essex then almost immeadiatly a Transit. The difference was clear, Interior ambience and in particular the way it drove was much much better. The Maxus felt very unstable empty whereas the Tranny was not and the ommision of a blind spot mirror is shocking for a Van. IIRC the Maxus also uses the Ford 2.5 diesel engine too.
New Ford Transit - Stuartli
I did a couple of hundred miles a few weeks ago in one of the new Transits (first part unloaded and return with a fairly big load) and was very impressed with the ride, comfort and handling (for a van).

It was a rental example which had only done one previous rental service from new and had less than 400 miles on the clock.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
New Ford Transit - Vansboy
Perhaps I should have phrsed that, in another way!!

Transit looks good, drives well & does its job - except when things go wrong - you'll hear plenty of horror stories, from owners.drivers, who have put a few miles on this latest incarnation.

As all vehicles will let you down, sometime, it's just that Ford are surprising more operators these days, than they did with the previous model.

& agree with the LDV points, it's a pity our only van builder, went this route. No doubt they'd not even be here now, without it, though!

VB
New Ford Transit - Citroënian {P}
{embarrassed}

Yes David, that's it. Sorry about that everyone, and good deduction on David's part though.

{shuffles off to keep quiet in the corner for a bit}
-- Lee .. A festivus for the rest of us.