Advice - c0cky
I need a car to do a 25k per year commute. I'm looking at a diesel

Should I go for a newer car with high mileage or an older car with lower mileage?

i.e. is a 52 plate Mondeo with 110k a better or worse buy than a V plate Mondeo with 50k?

Any advice welcome
Advice - L'escargot
Fords that have been first registered by Ford and run by Ford employees are good value. Tell your Ford dealer which model you want and they will try to buy one at the regular auction of such cars.
--
L\'escargot.
Advice - Happy Blue!
In principle, newer cars with higher mileages are to be preferred over older cars with lower mileages. Partly due to the way the car has been driven and paretly due to the market's perception that low mileage cars are better, so higher mileage cars are better value for money.

I am not sure you have chosen the best examples though. A V reg Vectra is not a particularly low mileage car and the Mondeo is very high mileage. You are better off looking for a 70k - 80k miles car that is three years old.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Advice - Nsar
Vectra?
Advice - Happy Blue!
Ooops - I meant comparing the two Mondeos (don't know where vectra came from?) One is not so old or low mileage and one is not som new but has very high mileage.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?