How can I sell my car? - dieselicious
I've a 2002 51 plate Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi(90) Rapier which I'm trying to sell. It's the 4 door saloon in silver, excellent condition with 45000 miles on the clock.

It's advertised in Autotrader, Exchange & Mart, Tradeit (local bristol freeads - sold 2 cars through this previously) and Adtrader in Wales.

Advertised at 5250 ono, but i've had absolutley no interest in 2 weeks, and its starting to worry me.

Is there something else i can do?

Thanks

How can I sell my car? - cumfray1
Try dropping your price. There are quite a few similar aged and miles to yours in Autotrader going for £4000 - £4600 and they are on the forecourts. Or you could try E-bay. Sorry for sounding negative
How can I sell my car? - bradgate
Your car is now an obsolete model, which may contribute to the lack of demand.

A used car is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, so for old models you just have to bite the bullet and be realistic. If you have advertised extensively and had no response, the car is self-evidently overpriced. Try £4750.

How can I sell my car? - smokie
Beware of any of those companies who call you up and say they have immediate buyers for your car, then ask you for £70. One was featured on Watchdog last week as a scam, but I've heard they are nearly all like that. They particularly seem to target advertisers in the AutoTrader mags.
How can I sell my car? - Wales Forester
Glass's Guide Online gives the following Part-exchange Price estimates based on the info in your original posting;

Excellent condition: £4300

Average condition: £3850

Below average condition: £3380

Good luck.
PP

How can I sell my car? - JamesH
Have to agree with the others, the price must be too high if Auto Trader and local papers have already been used. A newish low miles diesel 406 should have enough demand to sell locally, possibly for a minicab. The Rapier was near the bottom of the range but had a good retail-friendly spec.

If I see (or advertise myself) for £5,250, to me that means expecting exactly £5k for it. However, £5k may be a major price point, with people only looking at cars up to that price e.g. with online searches. Try avertising for £4,995.

Avoid the £80 car matching services like the plague. EBay will definitely shift the car if the start or reserve are low enough but you will be disappointed with the money you get compared to what you're expecting now. Have a look on eBay to see what cars like yours have been selling for.

Lastly, unlikely with so many adverts, the phone number in the Auto Trader ad didn't have a digit out or anything like that?
How can I sell my car? - AN Other
I've never found it easy to sell saloons. I suppose some folks would rather have the 110bhp version, as well.

Anyway, I'd keep plugging away with the Trade-it (Costs you nothing, after all), as well as dropping the price a little. Judging by the Autotrader, something starting with a 4 might get you some interest.

Asking around friends, family, work colleagues (noticeboard?) can be a good bet as well, since people would usually rather buy from someone they trust.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your approach or with the car. It's just that fleet type saloons never seem to sell well secondhand. Your secondhand family buyer would rather have the estate, and those with no kids seem to prefer hatchbacks. I've tried persuading buyers differently... Good luck!!
Thanks for the advice guys.

It's going back in the paper at a lower price and see what happens.

Just need to get rid of it, as i already have my new company car.

Thanks

How can I sell my car? - slidejules
Beware of any of those companies who call you up and
say they have immediate buyers for your car, then ask you
for £70. One was featured on Watchdog last week as a
scam, but I've heard they are nearly all like that. They
particularly seem to target advertisers in the AutoTrader mags.

I've had my car on the autotrader site for perhaps a week now - and must have had at least 30 different calls from these kind of services. Some quite rude as well! Ho hum.

Fortunately i've only had to fend off about 8 calls, so i shall count myself lucky.

The easiest way to get rid of these parasites is to push the red 'end call' button.