Audi 80 2.0E 1995 mod Type B4 - mak
Hi all and hope you can help me.
Whist about half way through a journey I noticed a metallic clattering noise whilst slowing down for a junction, in gear, and when setting off in low gears which would eventually disappear when in the higher gears. This noise would also disappear when the clutch pedal is depressed.
The car did not judder and seems to be pulling OK.
Is this a warning sign that the clutch is on its way out as its still on the original after 102,000 miles?
Is there anything I can do to confirm that it is the clutch?
If it is the clutch, is a LUK replacement OK and what seals or bushes or anything else should I request to be replaced whilst the gearbox is out?
Does anyone have any idea to how much this is going to cost me?
Many thanks for all your help,
Martin
Audi 80 2.0E 1995 mod Type B4 - mak
No replies!!!!
Surely someone can help me with all that expertise out there.
Desperate,
Martin
Audi 80 2.0E 1995 mod Type B4 - sp30
hi, sounds like the selector rod has been put under load by a moved component along its route(upper gearbox mount sheared,or exhaust manifold bolt) had a quattro years ago, exactly same fault as yours, turned out the selector rod was bent due to gearbox mount breaking, the only other symptom was increased vibration at the gearstick. the metal clanking was horrific in my case and was sure the gearbox was nailed!! .
i got mine fixed for about a ton, but rear diff failed straight after and she had to go. good luck