Shell Air Miles - FfC
Has anyone actually received any Air Miles since Shell converted to the Plus Points system?

They just cannot seem to get their act together and have been chasing 300 Air Miles for six months jow, what a waste of time.
Re: Shell Air Miles - ROBIN
I shouldnt worry,air miles are a tremendous con trick.
I once calculated the exact air miles to where I wished to go,found the lowest fare,contacted Airmiles for a ticket......only to discover that my airmile was about 200 yards.
If airmiles want to contest this I can easily run the experiment again ,blind of course........
ROBIN IS WRONG - Flat in Fifth
OK I would not make a purchasing decision based on whether one vendor gave air miles or not. Having made the decision based on the normal criteria, or at least those of significance to you then what is wrong with accepting air miles?

we've been to the following places completely free

Disneyland Paris, flight and accom
Alton Towers
Cadbury's world, party of eight that time
Tower London
Planetarium
Mme Tussauds
Warwick Castle
and these are the ones I CAN remember

I see on airmiles site at the moment, just to pick one offer completely at random, you can fly from London to Marseille a distance of 1232 miles for the princely sum of 1000 air miles plus the dreaded airport tax. Now in my book that makes one air mile = 1.232 miles. True this is a special offer, it is a reduction of 250 air miles from the normal price. So where you get 300 yds from is anyones guess, and as usual Robin you are talking total twaddle
Re: ROBIN IS WRONG - ROBIN
Dealing with the airmiles a moment first........the destinations chosen,and this was a few years ago,were Bangkok,NZ and South Africa.I was able to find a very exact mileage figure from a pilot chum,and we never got anywhere near half an air mile.
The problem was I needed to fly when I needed to fly and this involved flights which for some reason air miles couldnt or wouldnt book.They also seemed unable to comprehend deals like partner at half price.
But hopefully this has changed and you are right,since we appear to have enough accumulated to go round the world twice,hypothetically......
I really must organise some sea -trouting in the Falklands,that should test them a bit.
The figure I gave was 200 yds,not 300 and if you are going to accuse me of talking twaddle,especially AGAIN as you say,then would you please have the courtesy to justify the accusation?
Re: ROBIN IS WRONG - Flat in Fifth
Re justifying accusing you of talking twaddle.

Actually I DID have the courtesy to explain why you were talking twaddle but to explain it again but in simple terms.

point 1
You claim that one air mile is worth 200 yds.

Well I have proved that wrong already in that I took a current offer at random and shown that it was nothing like your claimed figure of 200 yds, the 300 yds was a typo, so sorry but it was an error significantly in your favour actually.

But to take your destinations, I could not find a figure for air miles to NZ so have substituted Sydney, wrong country I know but relevant I feel.

The distance between the destinations should be the route by great circle which is what the airline contracts to do, get you from A to B, if your pilot chum flies a longer distance that is his problem.
Airport Distance Air Miles Distance per Air Mile
Bangkok 5924 11500 0.52 n miles
Cape Town 5979 12000 0.50
Sydney 10562 20000 0.53

so conclusion to point 1 is your distance of 200 yds is wrong by a factor of 4+.

point 2
You claim that air miles are a tremendous con trick.
Dictionary definition con trick " a swindle nvolving goods or money etc"

I assume you allege this because you have been unable to book flights despite being unwilling to be flexible as to flight or time, plus accusing them of not understanding a half price second passenger arangement.

Well I have listed a number of occasions when they have delivered exactly as promised. Its just a sample picked at random from my memory, there are others including flights. I and others have never had a problem booking flights. You have to realise that there are very few of these seats available on each flight and if those seats are already sold then they cannot book you on them can they. True there might not be air miles seats on certain peak flights but they tell you all that up front in the terms and conditions.

Secondly nowhere does it say in the conditions about partner goes for half price, except when you get this condition on special offers. Actually you only get this half price on special offers even if you are paying in hard cash, so how can they be expected to do it with something you got for nothing anyway.

Therefore I conclude that as I and a number of other people have obtained the services quite satisfactorily from these people that it clearly is not a con trick.

So conclusion to point 2 is that you are wrong again.

Point 3
Re the again. Well I can recall previous occasion where you have made a statement which has been rebutted by another individual which you appear to have accepted thereby accepting you were wrong.

How much more do you want to prove you were talking twaddle again. But then again you might just be a persona rather than a person and it all might be just to get a bite, and in that you succeeded, just in this case you did not land the fish.

toodle pip old fruit.
Re: ROBIN IS WRONG - ROBIN
If the point you are making is that one can do better than 200 yds per air mile then I never ever said that you couldnt.
In proving it however you have produced pretty conclusive evidence that my accusations of economy with the truth are solidly founded.
All your examples prove is that an air mile is not an air mile but half an air mile,which is the principle that I was endeavoring,possibly somewhat picturesquely,to establish.
Re: ROBIN IS WRONG, QED - Flat in Fifth
Ah but, did they *ever* say that one air mile is exactly equivelant to one travelled mile?

If you take the trouble to find out you will find that no they have not. In fact in the early days they were at great pains to ensure that this was clearly understood not to be the case. So being economical with th truth, I think not and so would any other reasonable person.

Also without very much effort I managed to find flights to BK 5924 miles for 6500 air miles, conclusion 1 air mile = 0.911 real miles........

oh so sorry, forgot to mention that you got a free second ticket with that so 1 air mile is actually worth 1.822 real miles.

Which rather proves my point that one *can* readily find flights at rates far far better than you alleged, they do understand the principle of cut price travel for partners and it is *not* a con trick which is totally contrary to your principle allegation. Oh dear Robin's wrong again, you *do* seem to be having a bad week dearie.

So who's point is proved now,.....as some say....... n|nn.....

Go and take a flight somewhere. Ha Ha you know it makes sense.