Buying a low-mileage Morgan - Roger Jones
A friend of mine is considering the purchase of a Morgan 4/4. It is five years old and has a mere 2500 miles on the clock. Given everything we know about low-mileage vehicles, let alone ultra-low-mileage ones, do you think he should go ahead and, if so, what does he need to check particularly carefully? There are of course others around on "sensible" mileages; prices don't seem to vary much.
Buying a low-mileage Morgan - Sprice
Well, here's a link to the 4/4 in the CBCB section of this site:

tinyurl.com/3pod
Buying a low-mileage Morgan - Roger Jones
Thanks for that, but I've already copied that to my friend.
Buying a low-mileage Morgan - SlidingPillar
A lot of Morgans are low milage. Usual caveats on low milage apply, but there is a good chance it has been looked after quite well, as most are second cars. Service records should show this.

Brake discs are perhaps also a clue as properly garaged, very little corrosion will be evident.

Front suspension wear is probably the only point of differemce to other cars. It is a primative design, and can last as little as 500 miles without any lubrication (rare but I've seen it) to 30 000 on a car that is well looked after. About a days work to replace the necessary bits (which are cheap) and can be done by the enthusiastic amateur. I can give notes on testing if needed, but if the car is being sold by a Morgan dealer, they ought to give a reasonably accurate assesment of this, and since the actual testing is a doddle (once you know how) perhaps even demonstrate. If car is at a non-Morgan dealer, there is a risk they might not know the detail here, although like all salesmen, might say they do. Caveat Emptor.

Buying a low-mileage Morgan - Sprice
Sorry, that link doesn't seem to go directly to the 4/4 page I copied it from!
Buying a low-mileage Morgan - Dynamic Dave
Sorry, that link doesn't seem to go directly to the 4/4
page I copied it from!

It won't. It will only take you to the cbcb index.