fiat punto ignition coil problem? - Rosie
I have a M reg fiat punto sx 8v.

A light on the dash board keeps coming on, it looks like a hose with water comnig out of it, once this light starts coming on the car starts loosing power, it will suddenly go slow and start jumping about and the speed up and will be fine for a while and then start again.
Eventually (after about a week) the car will just pack up. When I take the car to the garage they say that it needs a new coil (sometimes both the coils need changing)

This has happened a few times now so I think that there must be something else making the coils go, they shouldnt need changing so often should they?

Last time that the car broke down water also started coming out of it but when i took it to the garage they said that they couldnt find anything wrong with it.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Please help!!
fiat punto ignition coil problem? - solara
This is probably the fuel-injection system warning light (icon of an injector spraying fuel).
This is probably caused by a faulty oxygen sensor (lambda sensor), which measure emissions in the exhaust fumes.
fiat punto ignition coil problem? - Rosie
is this a big problem or should it be quite easy to get sorted?
fiat punto ignition coil problem? - solara
my sis in law has had this problem twice (annually), costs about 60 quid for oxygen sensor, and an hours labour.