Pug 406 - slight leak from underneath - Fiesta Fanatic
Hi all

I have a Pug 406 Exec on a P plate. I was driving yesterday and pulled up for a few minutes outside my house, when I reversed away and drove off I noticed a small wet patch underneath the centre of the car (not oil or water).

I then drove to a friends house (~100 miles) and when I arrived I turned the engine off, got out of the car and looked underneath only to see a small spurt of water emanate from the middle of the car between the driver and passenger seat. The water is a lot colder than I would expect if it was direct from the radiator.

Anyone got any ideas? I have checked the water reservoir and its fine, and there are no warning lights of low coolant level. Something to do with the A/C?

I'm a bit puzzled!

TIA.

Pug 406 - slight leak from underneath - mfarrow
I don't know the car, but from your description it seems a bit too far back to be coolant or A/C connected. Is it brake fluid per chance? Best check the level.

--------------
Mike Farrow
The fluid is clear, and the brakefluid in the reservoir is browny in colour... and the level is max, but I will keep an eye on that.

I was thinking it may be some condensation from the A/C system with the water not being hot. The leakage is minimal and stops a few minutes after the car is stationary.

Pug 406 - slight leak from underneath - adverse camber
Does indeed sound like the AC drain. Can you see exactly where it comes from ? Theres usually a pipe.
Does indeed sound like the AC drain. Can you see
exactly where it comes from ? Theres usually a pipe.

Its difficuly to see, but there does seem to be a black pipe, but I cannot see the end of it.
Pug 406 - slight leak from underneath - mfarrow
But you said it wasn't water?

a small wet patch underneath the centre of the car (not
oil or water).

Typo - it was meant to read "(not oil or petrol)"

Pug 406 - slight leak from underneath - RichardW
It's the water draining from the A/C evaporator. Perfectly normal.

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....

It's the water draining from the A/C evaporator. Perfectly normal.

Aha! Cheers for that RichardW, thats put my mind at rest.

Thanks everyone for your help/advice.