Mondeo cambelt change - Epic
Please can anyone advise me on how much it should cost to change the cambelt and tensioners on a T reg Mondeo?
Mondeo cambelt change - Xileno {P}
You are going to have to give us some clues. Engine size, petrol/diesel etc.
Thanks Xileno {P}
1.6, Petrol, Manual,1999 Model.

Mondeo cambelt change - Pete Mansell
If this is the same engine as the Focus 1.6, Ford Rapid Fit quoted me £200 all in, using the official Ford cam belt kit, which comes with any necessary tensioners etc. This is probably as cheap as most independent places, and you know the official parts are used.

Pete Mansell
Mondeo cambelt change - carl233
The Focus will have the 1.6 Zetec-S engine which is of an all alloy design. The Mondeo will have the Zetec-E which has an alloy head and cast iron bottom end. The £200 figure sounds reasonable ask for 10% off the price as most dealers do have this as a margin that can be wavered.

It is a very difficult job to do and I would not recommend attempting a DIY change, although without doubt someone come along with tales about how they changed it on their car during a half hour lunch break. It is worthwhile to have the job carried out at a Ford dealer as it is worth paying that bit extra for the peace of mind. Rapid Fit in general seems to have lesser labour charges than the main service department.
Thanks Pete Mansell and carl233 for your answers - much appreciated!
Mondeo cambelt change - Another John H
not my field at all, but I understand it'll be rather more than that.
Mondeo cambelt change - MW
My brother had his R reg mark 2 1.8 Mondeo done at Fords about 6 months ago. With all new pulleys etc AND a new alternator belt it was £290. They tried to charge him for putting the new alternator belt on, until he pointed out that the old one had to come off and go back on anyway!
That will be complementary Sir, they said!
Mondeo cambelt change - MW
Interestingly they gave a 60k mile guarentee