New Transit parts prices - matstro
Does anyone know how dear the new Transits (Y reg onwards) are to maintain? I'm thinking specifically about the RWD model with the 125PS engine.

Any comments about the Transit 125PS engine and repair bills welcomed!
New Transit parts prices - none
We run a few of these on he hire fleet I work on. Very few major problems, but a few recurring problems, specially on the older ones. Here's a list of faults that have occurred on more than one van.
Front wheel bearings, can be a pig to remove old ones, not DIY.
Front wishbone bushes go at about 100k miles, easy to replace using a press - not really DIY
Water pumps shear the drive shaft, common fault and a real pain to do on the RWD ones. A ramp is essential.
All of the water hoses seem to chafe somewhere leading to leaks - have replaced and repositioned loads of them.
Water leaks from the oil cooler thermostat, again a ramp makes things much easier.
Sliding door locks / handles fail regularly. Simple DIY.
Clutch Master cylinder problems, easy to sort with modified parts, but a faulty slave cylinder means gearbox removal. The clutches last well, but when replacement is due Ford recommend a new dual mass flywheel, parts amount to about £500.
I've never had to change an injector, but apparently, changing No 4 is an engine out job.

It all sounds a bit gloomy but engines and transmissions seem to be unbreakable, and we have vans that have covered over 100k in a couple or so years with nothing more that routine maintenance. One van did 140k in 18 months and needed nothing more than tyres and brakes.

New Transit parts prices - Aprilia
Why on Earth do we have to have slave cylinders inside the bellhousing and dual-mass flywheels! The amount of extra expense (for limited benefit) is not worth it.
New Transit parts prices - codefarm
If it's true, why, as was mentioned on a recent police car thread, does a Mondeo ST220 clutch need 14 HOURS to change? That's practically a full working day to get the old clutch out and another full day to get the new one in?

Is it because the profit in cars now comes from the servicing and not the initial sale? Are they designed this way to be as quick and cheap as possible to make, and subsequently expensive for garages to work on?

New Transit parts prices - matstro
Many thanks for the long reply "none"