Clicking Noise from F/L Wheel. VW Passat - masonc1

Hi,

wonder if you can help or advise?

I've recently purchased a Passat 1.8T (99 plate) and have noticed whilst driving and with the windows down a clicking noise from the front left wheel when I travel over any bumps (one click each time I travel over a bump). I plan to take this to a garge to get this checked out by wondered if any of you might now what this could be?? And more worryingly if this could be somethinig major (fingers crossed)??

Rgds

Chris
Clicking Noise from F/L Wheel. VW Passat - Tmack
I'm no expert on cars and the like but I had a similar noise on a cavalier I had a few years back and the reason was very simple. The wheel trims rubbed against the tyre at a certain point, so once I'd sanded them down the noise stopped...
Clicking Noise from F/L Wheel. VW Passat - Malcolm_L
Hopefully just the tyre catching something when the suspension is under compression.
However, there is a known problem on Passats where the suspension joints wear which can cause a light knock when the suspension is compressed.
On my Passat this was fixed under warranty, however it is a known problem and you could try asking your dealer for a contribution if this indeed the problem.
Clicking Noise from F/L Wheel. VW Passat - OldOiler
"However, there is a known problem on Passats where the suspension joints wear which can cause a light knock when the suspension is compressed"
go to Honest John's car by car breakdown its x ref there also.
K2