V6 - Single Turbo?? - sine
I maybe remembering incorrectly here?
I know that the Ford-PSA 2.7 V6 in the S-Type and C6 etc is a twin turbo set-up.

I seem to remember that the new discovery with this engine only has one turbo though.
Is this true?

If so where is this turbo situated and is it just linked to one bank. If so I'd assume (probably incorrectly) it would mean the engine isn't quite balanced in terms of exhaust gas flow resistance.

Thanks for any info

Also I saw a review somewhere of this engine in the Peugeot 607. Is the UK 607 available with this engine?

(hope this is ok in technical - I wasn't sure)
V6 - Single Turbo?? - AlastairW
Definitely one turbo in the disco. Pretty sure it links to both banks of the V6 though - presumabley after the manifolds merge from each side.
V6 - Single Turbo?? - cheddar
Saab did an LPT turbo V6 with assymetric turbo charging, the small turbo being driven off one bank of cylinders only, IIRC it produced 200 bhp, 10 less than the basically the same non turbo 3.0 V6 in the Omega though was usefuly more torquey.
V6 - Single Turbo?? - sierraman
The turbo could be powered by one bank but it would have to boost both,otherwise it would give an imbalanced engine and not do the bearings a lot of good either.
V6 - Single Turbo?? - sine
Thanks for the info.
I also by coincidence happened to see at the Ford Fair last weekend, a Sierra V6 with Turbo Technics kit fitted to one of the banks.