High pressure spray wash - Tony Bee
Used a high pressure spray wash today. First time ever. Hot soapy water, then rinse off ,then distilled water for non streak drying.
Sign said 100 bar pressure. Scared me --I could see my paint flying off down the road not to mention my wiper blades and bonnet badge.
So i did not get over close --result a half clean car. Frankly it really needed a rub over with a sponge to shift the grime.
Question how do you use a high pressure spray without dislodging your windscreen ?
Any advice please.
High pressure spray wash - Stuartli
Unless you actually get rid of the dirt on the car first using a sponge or similar regularly dipped into a bucket of suitable cleaning liquid, high pressure spray washes are a waste of time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
High pressure spray wash - Blue {P}
You really need to be using the high pressure hose to blast off the thick of the dirt first, then using a sponge (or a brush if you don't mind a few scratches) on the paintwork and then finish off by hosing it down afterwards. A high pressure spray alone won't give you a clean car.

Blue
High pressure spray wash - Dude - {P}
If you have park distance sensors fitted, you will also need to keep well clear, as they are very sensitive to the water pressure.
High pressure spray wash - No FM2R
THe pressure washers are really good for something like my Landcruiser which in the winter months gets really, really, muddy; but they're never going to make paintwork clean and you'll take the paint off before you shine it up with a pressure washer.

Go all over the car with the pressure washer, making sure you shift all the mud and the like, particularly under the wheel arches and other obscure places.

Then go over it with a soft brush, sponge, whatever, and clean it properly.

Then rinse it off with the pressure washer, especially checking the obscure places which may need a further blast.

Drive really, really, really fast to make the car dry without leaving smears everywhere and to ensure that the ones that are left look like go-faster smears.