FIATs woes continue... - bimmer-driver
Things don't seem to be geting any better for FIAT- their June 2005 sales figures were down a massive 62% compared with June 2004 to just 2412 units, and the figure for the year to date sales isn't much better, having declined by 53%.
Now this surprises me because I thought the new Panda had been a major success sales-wise?
FIATs woes continue... - y2k+4
I've a theory it's stealing sales from it's own sibling the Punto (and probably the Idea too), though. The Stilo isn't up to the standards of the last Focus, let alone the present one, and they have no contender in the family saloon or SUV markets.

The MPV-side of things has Citroen flog more of the sister cars, due to cashback-deals, and the Multipla has gone all dull. It's a shame really, but like Rover, how can you expect people to buy inferior cars?
FIATs woes continue... - madf
Given the choice, the Punto appears cheaper and bigger..Having driven a Brava once - 4 years ago - I said never again. Handling was all rollypoly.

As for styling?
Well I reckon Fiat's styling department are secretly working to destroy the company...and are succeeding.

madf

FIATs woes continue... - y2k+4
Let's not forget a bit-at-a-time we're moving to the American-way of purchasing Far Eastern (inc. Japanese) cars for reliability. I bet the market-shares of the Japanese/Korean manufacturers are rising in proportion to the Italian decreasing...
FIATs woes continue... - Bill Payer
My daughter looked at Punto a few mths ago in a local dealer who also sell Alfa - I wasn't surprised to read the other day of the Alfa UK MD's appalling 'mystery shopper' experience. My daughter liked Punto but the dealer was quite the worst I?ve ever (and that?s saying something) experienced.
FIATs woes continue... - Altea Ego
Out local Fiat/Alfa dealer went bust and was bought out by a "yes!" car credit outlet.

The standard of cars and service doubled overnight.
FIATs woes continue... - PR {P}
It is down to a car transporter drivers strike in Italy. They were on strike all month, and not only Fiat was affected in Italy, all car makers struggled. The following month it was higher than normal as they cleared the backlog.
FIATs woes continue... - Armitage Shanks {p}
If Y*S car credit bought it you can be sure the interest rates went up too! No 35% deposit and 0% over 3 years from them!
FIATs woes continue... - doctorchris
Dealers just don't seem interested in selling the Panda. Would much rather churn out cheap Puntos. I suspect they have a glut of RHD Puntos to clear before the new model arrives. The Panda factory in Poland is concentrating on LHD cars for the bigger market of the rest of Europe so Pandas are hard to get.
Also the dealers are ASLEEP, have waited 20 weeks so far for delivery of my Panda 4x4.
FIATs woes continue... - TrevL
Doesn't seem much wrong with the cars. My wife has a Punto (base model 04 reg.) bought new £5.5k OTR with 3 years warranty.
Super motor....but FIAT can't be making a lot on it once you take the VAT, transport costs etc. out of the price.
FIATs woes continue... - Bill Payer
The manufacturing cost is around 50% of the cars basic (pre-tax) cost - it goes up a bit for cheaper cars and is lower as the price goes up.
Marketing adds a big chunk - Ford was spending £600/car a few ago.
FIATs woes continue... - Big Bad Dave
"Dealers just don't seem interested in selling the Panda."

I just don?t understand why they have a problem, Poland is crawling with new Pandas and Fiats of all kinds and I imagine they represent the same value in other Central and European countries. If everybody?s buying ?em why are they in the doldrums?
FIATs woes continue... - PR {P}
I think they're slowly but surely turning it round. Fiat group made an albeit slight profit in the last quarter, although the auto division still made a loss, although this was smaller than previously.
The problem with the Pandas is I think, Fiat are selling more than they predicted, so dealers will get less of a bonus for selling them and are uninterested. This is still a poor attitude to have however.
FIATs woes continue... - barchettaman
Plus the new Croma looks unlikely to save them. Saw one in the Fiat garage here when the B was getting a new back bumper, looks like a clone of the Signum.
Pity the UK doesn´t get the Lancias anymore. They make a lovely E-class limo, the Thesis I think, one of the most unusually styled ones in the sector. I also had on hire the new Lancia Ypsilon supermini thing in March, lovely drive, and a luxury feel.
The Idea is good, but not as good as the Meriva.
The Punto is aging in a stupidly competitive sector.
The Stilo has sold worse than the outgoing Bravo/Brava.
It ain´t lookin´ good for Torino.
And as for a replacement for the Barchetta.... I´m not holding my breath. They even canned that gorgeous 2-door Lancia Coupe study - was it the Fulvia? - so niches seem not to be a priority.
FIATs woes continue... - autumnboy
I think I'm right saying that the Panda is not available everywhere in europe like we don't get the Croma, Punto pick-up and others from the Lancia range.