RAV4 near end of lease... - Andy123456
I have leased from new a '52 Toyota RAV4 VX D4D (now 19000 miles).

The lease is up at the end of August and I'm wondering whether to buy it from them - what would a fair price be for it?

Also the car has accumulated a couple of scratches (not to metal) and other blemishes:-
How fussy can I expect the lease co. to be once they collect (assuming I don't buy)? Will I be billed for "tarting it up" to maximise their profit at resale?

In other words - What's "fair wear and tear" for a 3yr old car and would I be better off attending to these things before they come to collect?
If so any recommendations as to who to approach (West Yorks).

Thanks in advance
Andy
RAV4 near end of lease... - mare
I have leased from new a '52 Toyota RAV4 VX D4D
(now 19000 miles).

Glass' Guide via the Vauxhall Site gives these Part Ex values.

Excellent condition:
£14000

Average condition:
£12450

Below average condition:
£10700

RAV4 near end of lease... - daveyjp
If the lease system is like our PCP about 3 months before it ended we received a load of info on what was deemed to be acceptable wear and tear. Our smart had the usual scuffs and stone chips you expect after 2 years, but I spent half a day cleaning it very well inside and out (inlcuding the cabrio roof liner which being light grey was a pig of a job). It must have done the trick as the car was accpeted with no faults noted.
RAV4 near end of lease... - blue_haddock
It's a nice spec car and depending on colour and the extent of the damages i'd say 13k is about the PX value and as a private sale your looking at about 14k.

Without seeing the damage it's hard to say if they would charge you, it also depends on which lease firm - some are more forgiving than others.
RAV4 near end of lease... - Happy Blue!
Also depends on your agreed mileage.

If you agreed 12,000miles pa (36,000 miles over three years) and you have done only 19,000 miles there is a lot of extra profit in the car for the leasing company. So if you don't want to buy it, give it a good clean and hand it back.

Any comments from them about condition then tell them to give you back the extra profit less the repair costs.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?