Scenic won't start - Mavro
Our X reg Renault Scenic 1.6 auto has an intermittent fault. It won't start. The engine turns but won't 'fire up'. The car has been reasonably reliable, only suffering the need to replace all the coils and some minor items. I have tried both the original and spare keys but it makes no difference. Sometimes it starts for say 10 times then won't...leave it a day or two and it starts again. Might start say 3 times then lets us down again. All dash lights come on and off as they should so I don't believe it can be the imobilizer. Renault can't find anything wrong. Help!!
Scenic won't start - Peter D
Do you mean Renualt can not find the fault because they have not had the car when it has the fault ?? Does that model have an imobilizer light and is it goint out. If you have no spark and no fuel is does sound like the imobilizer shutting the car down or a faulty relay in the power cct. When it gets into this mode try bump starting it in case it is an ignition switch fault. Regards Peter
Scenic won't start - Mavro
Thanks for your reply. In retrospect I was being unfair to Renault, the problem didn't arise when they kept the car for a week to try to fix it so I guess it was asking the impossible! The imobilizer light does go out so the idea of a faulty relay in the power circuit may well be the answer. rgds
Scenic won't start - tmech
High
Had a similar problem with a Laguna. It turned out to be a common problem with the coolant temperature sender used by the ecu. No warning lights but changing this sender cured the problems.