Cleaning cars - cheddar
Another thread refering to drying cars made me think, I clean my car every couple of weeks with a brush on the hose, I use a gentle plastic scourer (white, as opposed to the abrasive green Brillo type) to remove squashed bugs as well as on the wheels, I dry the windows with a teatowel and sometimes clean the front and rear screens with vinegar.

I never dry the paint work though polish it once a year or so when dry.

Takes 45 mins to clean, as I say every two weeks (plus a Hoover every month or so) it is three years old and has done 91k miles though from 10 feet, when clean, looks literally as new.

Why all this drying the paint work etc!

Cleaning cars - Roly93
I think the main reason for drying the paintwork is that most aprts of the country have varying degrees of hard water. This leaves patches of limescale where the dried out water droplets were. If you are luck enough to live in Cornwall or somewhere where the water is beautifully soft you probably don't need to dry.
Cleaning cars - Robin Reliant
Same in Wales. When I lived in London the car would look terrible after a rinse, the soft water here does not need drying off.

45 minutes to clean, though? More like 4.5!
Cleaning cars - v8man
Here in Eastbourne we have hard water and it streaks badly and stains the paintwork if not dried.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"