AVG Update freeze - Stuartli
It's something that's common at the moment due to the sheer volume of traffic to the servers for the free version updates.

You'll just have to keep plugging away or, alternatively, switch to Avast, which is equally as good, equally as free and whose downloads are smaller; it also updates itself each time you go on line if necessary:

www.avast.com

If you do switch, don't forget to register the product to extend the normal demo period - there's no cost involved.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
AVG Update freeze - PhilW
"something that's common at the moment"
Can confirm that - I had same problem last night when it tried to automatic update about 7pm. What's more it seemed to cause the symbol in system tray to grey out. Updated it just before midnight no probs.
AVG Update freeze - Robin Reliant
Just spent half hour trying to update with the same result as above. Glad it's not just my pc throwing a wobbler, I will have another go tonight.
AVG Update freeze - drbe
Well, I'll be darned, ain't that the strangest thing you ever did see?

I tried again this evening and it downloaded a treat. Somehow it just restores your faith in man made machinery; don't it?
AVG Update freeze - PhilW
Whilst on this subject - AVG updates every day almost. Would it be better to occasionally uninstall and update with the latest full version or is it better to just go along with all the updates. Just wondering if the constant updates use more memory or are more unstable or any other disadvantage. Same with Adaware, Spybot etc.
AVG Update freeze - Stuartli
Just go along with the updates - only download a new version and immediately update it.

Grisoft often delivers up to three updates a day depending on how many new nasties have sprung up, hence the pressure at present on the European servers; only those who have the paid for version have access to the high bandwidth, high capacity servers...:-(

That's why I recently switched to Avast as mentioned earlier.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by