car finance - pj4d
ok so i have bought a car, i paid 2k towards it ,
the other 8 was from a loan from a bank
if it goes faulty, the garrage owner is respoinsible, he gave me 3mo warranty, if he starts complaing that the fault isnt his problem, is the bank also responsible
car finance - BobbyG
You have paid 10 grand for a car and only got a 3 month warranty? What kind of car? How old?
As for the bank, nope they are not responsible. Same as they wouldn't be responsible if your new kitchen sprung a leak or it rained on your holiday! (Assuming you got loans for them also)
car finance - pj4d
tis a 3 year old volvo.
car finance - thallium81
No, you are responsible to the bank to repay the loan according to the terms which you must have signed. If the car expires tomorrow the bank will still want its loan repaid.
car finance - tyre tread
If it is a personal loan then no the bank have no responsibility.

HP is a different matter!
car finance - pj4d
its lease purchase so o the bank have responsibilty then?
car finance - Manatee
Depends basically on whether the Dealer was acting as a broker - it's likely that, if you got the finance with the car, then the lender will be on the hook for the seller's obligations as well - the same rule (Section 75 of the CCA 1974) that gives you protection when you use a credit card to pay for goods.

If the agreement is not a Debtor-Creditor-Supplier one (i.e. set up under pre-existing arrangemnets between the dealer and the lender) then the protection does not apply.

If S75 does apply, then the lender and the dealer have joint and several liability - i.e. you can go for either or both if you need to.

If you went and got the money off your own bat and then went shopping for a car, the lender will have no potential liability.
car finance - Vansboy
If you paid the deposit on credit card, the card company would have joint liability.

& for £$£$£ Q's the VERY best place to go, is www.moneysavingexpert.com - they're a friendly bunch on there - just like us, except always going on about money & we always keep on about motors!!

VB