Hire Car Specefication - Armitage Shanks {p}
Having hired a few cars in my time and had some pretty 'standard' cars given to me I was agreeably suprised when I went to Germany for the day yesterday. For 51 Euros for the day I got an alloy wheeled,6 speed Golf GTdi(?). Seperate temp control for driver and paseenger on what seemed to be full climate control, traction control, comfortable autobahn cruising at 100 mph for a lot of the trip, rural roads for the rest and 13 litres of fuel for 190 km. Very hard suspension but a real bargain for the day. I am asking if it is normal for hire firms to offer such well specced cars? For my 51 euros I was offered a Primera, a new Golf auto and the TDi which I actually took.
Hire Car Specefication - Adam {P}
I think it's the GT TDi. I really like them but insurance is pretty high so I'm told.
--
Adam
Hire Car Specefication - Altea Ego
All cars that are selling well below expected manufacturers volumes, hence more cars than buyers, hence the appearance on Hire car fleets.......
Hire Car Specefication - Orson {P}
Armitage - you might remember you gave me some help last year with a German speeding notice! The car that caused it was a very high spec BMW 525 new shape with 2k on the clock, lots of toys and satnav. I'd been upgraded from whatever class I'd ordered because I'd asked for satnav. Think that worked out at about £150 for 4 days. Putting another 2000 miles on it was a pleasure! Think it was a cheaper rate from hertz through Ryanair because I flew into Frankfurt Hahn (think ex-Luftwaffe and USAF base closer to Luxembourg than Frankfurt).
Great fun.

O
--
Jaguar XJS V12 - comes with free personalised oil tanker.
Hire Car Specefication - Bill Payer
More manufacturers should do this - and with courtesy cars too. It's a very low cost promotion for them. Everyone that drives it is a potential customer and putting them in a bottom of the range model doesn't make the most of that opportunity.
Hire Car Specefication - Aprilia
I'm in the Hertz #1 club and usually ask for a Vectra auto - but often they give a C-class or BMW, depending on site.
Hire Car Specefication - johnny
I've booked two weeks with Europcar in France - compact car (ie Megane or equivalent) - what's the chance of getting a car with a CD player ? Like to have music but don't want to carry a load of CDs only to find it's got a tape player.
Hire Car Specefication - Aprilia
Pretty much 100% chance I would say.