Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - Mister T
I'm looking into getting a mondeo estate and discovered Silverdale Cars & Commercials on autotrader. They have a few in stock but as I am not local and know which model/colour I want, they are offering to bring it to my home with no obligation and if I am happy proceed with the sale.

They are based near J10 of the M40. Has anybody had any dealings with them?
anybody?
Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - Ivor E Tower
Don't know of them, but if you are after a Mondeo estate there are so many of them around that I would buy locally so that if you have a problem, it is easier to drop the car back with the supplying garage to get it fixed. Also, if you have problems that the supplying garage cannot or will not fix, word of mouth will get around faster to affect their future business.
Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - catcher
Talking of Mondeo estates - they do seem very popular second hand. Garages round here seem to sell them as fast as they get them in. It does pay to buy locally but I think as they are so poular it might be necessary to shop around to get a good one.
This is why I am having to look further afield. The ones local to me are either the wrong age/spec or are too pricy.

Time is not on my side as I my current car has been written off and I will lose the hire car soon, so waiting for a local dealer to get one in is not an option.

I'll have to cross my fingers and see what happens. At least I will have the rest of the ford waranty on my side if anything falls apart.
Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - Ex-Moderator
If you haven't solved this by the weekend, let me know. Its only down the road and I'd enjoy an excuse for a mooch about so I'll go and have a look.
Cheers for the offer Mark. I am going to head over there next week to have a look at the car and if its all in order get them to deliver a few days later. Its worth the trip for my piece of mind.
Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - pod
Hi

How did you get on with Silverdale car & commercials, as I am also looking for a Mondeo Estate, possibly Titanium on a 08 plate.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.

Ron.
Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - ifithelps
If they are still going four years later they must be doing something right.
Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - midlifecrisis
They are still going. I was looking at their site on Auto Trader last week.
Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - BB
I love these re-dug up threads from yrs ago. Nearly done it myself a few times!!

Edited by BB on 17/06/2009 at 19:09

Re: Anyone know of Silverdale Cars - happyharry

This thread is a few years old but worth reviving.

I was looking to buy a nearly new Mondeo. I knew the model, spec, etc that I wanted. Checked a few local dealers, and car supermarkets. My trawling round the web threw up Silverdale Cars. I then "Googled" them and found this (old) thread (hence this follow up).

I rang Silverdale and spoke with a guy named Ross. He said that they are not like a normal retailer, don't carry much stock, but will source to requirement from Contract Hire, Lease Hire operators, etc. He said that they had access to such cars which could be pulled out of contract hire before the end of the contract term (maybe it's one way that Ford get vehicles into the market ?)

I mailed him with my required spec, etc. He came back within about 30 minutes with 4 colour options that met that spec. All were 6 -9 months old and had done 8 - 11K miles. He said that these vehicles were still being used by the owners and it would take around a week for the owners to be allocated another car. He said that Silverdale would then check the car over before releasing it. He required no up front payment and said that payment would only be required once I'd inspected and approved the car. Then full payment by bankers draft or cash.

We agreed which colour I wanted. He confirmed by e.mail. He maintained good communications over the next few days with updates on expected availability, etc. The price he quotes is non-negotiable but I did get him to agree to deliver the vehicle to my work place where I would pay the transporter driver (subject to me approving the vehicle). I guess that they might not always be happy to do this ?

Anyway, the car arrived on time. I checked it over. They had given it a good valet, two new front tyres (after 7 months and 10K miles !), no paint or alloys damage. All good.

That was about a month ago since when I driven a further 1000 miles. No problems.

Silverdale may not be for everyone, especially if you need to "trade-in" (which they don't do). It is, to a certain extent, an act of faith but you don't pay a penny until you've inspected the vehicle

So, what's the bottom line. The car cost me £3K less than an identical model (albeit with 7K miles) at a main dealer, and over £1K less than at a leading "car supermarket". Silverdale did everything they promised. I would certainly use them again.