Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - silentme
Hi
I have heard about these forte products, i am specifically referring to FORTÉ ADVANCED FORMULA MOTOR FLUSH (oil flush) and FORTE ADVANCED FORMULA GAS TREATMENT (petrol tank cleaner). I have heard they are the very best products to use for a car and can help it very much, I am wondering if this is true?

I can obtain the stuff and can use for this oil change, but I have heard a roumer but not sure if true, apprantly if the motor flush is used incorrectly then this can cause severe engine failure, apprantly the sump has to be removed to ensure it is fully clean and any clumps of oil or simiar have to be removed, i have also heard that this cleaning stuff can remain in the engine with some bad bits and can do no favours?

Is this true or not?

If there is a recommened way to use this product can anyone please advice... or just put in the stuff and run for 35 mins fast idle and then drain and do normal oil change...?

I also have seen a mechanic use the gas treatment, but he used to bottles of it and the tank was already on its reserve, started it up and revved the guts out of the car, loads of white smoke came out, apprantly it cleaned the engine very well, is this true, or was too much forte used and is that bad for the car?

Sorry for going on a bit, any tips would be great...many thanks.
Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - Civic8
Any additive used may or may not give desired effects.treatment you mentioned.Does not require nor does any other oil treatment.
(That I have read about) require you to dismantle any parts of engine..Depending on state of engine ie. how many miles it done.whether regular services are done.
I see no reason why anyone would need to use any additives.Apart from whats supplied via petrol stations.
--
Steve
id say its less of an additive more of an engine flush/cleaner, the car is good condition, just seems sluggish compared to before, cambelt change is due, and change of sparks, will do all of that, then decide if i need to use forte, they are supposed to be industry leading stuff...
Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - Aprilia
I see no need for additives and their use invalidates most manufacturers warranties.
Using an engine flush on a 'dirty' engine will dislodge lots of muck, possibly leading to blocked oilways. Only use it on a clean engine (in which case, what's the point?). Spend the money on regular oil and filter changes.

Fuel additives are uneccessary in the UK.

was just told it helps performance and keeps car running sweet! so i assume most people are aganist it then? both the fuel cleaner and engine flush

the fuel cleaner is supposed to clear alot of muck and lower emissions and help the bangers pass their MOT, (no i have not got a banger that is failing its MOT due to emissions)
Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - storme
fuel cleaners are generally ok,,,but i wouldnt have it in my fuel while the MOT is being done,,,use it by all means, but then re-fill a new tank b4 the test,,that way there are no extra chemicals for the probe to test (just in case it affects the result)

as for engine cleaners,,do you really want to run your car on super thin oil for 5 to 10 minutes????
the way i clean my oil is a bit expensive,, but i just change it more often than recommended,,i do mine every 6 mnths..rather than wait the yr.
if you search the topics on this forum,you will find many about engine flush's and fuel cleaner's..
--
www.storme.co.uk
Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - Stuartli
Providing you use quality oils, filters and fuel to at least the standards laid down by the vehicle manufacturer, there should be no need to use any additional cleaning, additives or other claims products.

Modern oils and fuel are of a far higher standard than in the past when such practices were felt to be necessary - us oldies have all had a penny a shot Redex time in our lives....:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - Sprice
Forté products are very good, but don't bother with the actual engine flush, but use the stuff for the petrol tank (they do two, gaz treatment and injector cleaner)
Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - zeusum
I have just tried Forte Advanced Formula Gas Treatment in my 2001 Avensis estate 114k miles,
The car subsequently went a good deal better with improved mpg.
I added it to a quarter tank of petrol (as instructed by the garage I purchased it from).
This is good stuff and does what the makers claim.
Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - Number_Cruncher
Welcome to the forum.

Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - Dr Dave
I have used Forte Gas treatment over my years in the trade and it is good stuff - petrol fuel injectors do get gummed/glazed up - this stuff removes the deposits and restores the spray pattern.

The diesel injector cleaner is good, too.
Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - mark193

I have just tried Forte Advanced Formula Gas Treatment in my 2001 Avensis estate 114k miles,
The car subsequently went a good deal better with improved mpg.
I added it to a quarter tank of petrol (as instructed by the garage I purchased it from).
This is good stuff and does what the makers claim.

I have just tried the said gas treatment myself in my Mitsubishi Carisma 1.6 ( 97K ) and the car feel's so much more responsive.

I was very skeptical about this type of product before but it's been worth every penny of the £10 or so it cost.

Forte ENGINE flush & Gas Treatment - John F

Best tip I can offer is jack/tilt the car slightly so the oil drain plug is really at the lowest level, and LEAVE OVERNIGHT to drain.

Dirty old clings to the sides like tomato sauce in the old glass bottles. You'll be amazed how much dark filth is in the tray in the morning.

Garages haven't time for this....as soon as the oil is down to a thin stream the plug's screwed back on and the sump refilled. Worse still is the 'suck-it-out-thru-the-dipstick' method. I realise this is a bit obsessive, but if a job's worth doing.....