Suzuki - new wanna play Swift - autumnboy
Imagine this :-

Your on a trip with a boot load of luggage, yourself as a driver, your partner along side, two kids and granny sat in the back seats.

Then suddenly its pouring with rain and you have a puncture, you remove the luggage from the boot to access the jack and tools, also the space saver spare wheel. Everything goes well and the spare is fitted in no time.

Now comes the crunch, what do you do with the punctured wheel you'ved just removed. naturally you put it back in the boot where the space saver wheel was fitted, right ??

Wrong, It won't blooming fit, granny or the kids, your partner will have it on thier lap till you get to a repair center and get it repaired and refitted and the space saver back in its proper place in the boot.

The full size Steel or Alloy wheel will not fit in the wheel well in the boot floor.

Has those in Japan made a Boo Boo with the design of the Suzuki Swift.

Unless you know a way to fit it or ask the Salesman. Or make a deal and get a free roof rack.

Have fun !!
Suzuki - new wanna play Swift - Bromptonaut
Classic case of letting the stats run away with the design. Only a tiny fraction of motorists need to use the spare wheel so it's fair game for cost cutting etc. Until it's your tyre that punctures it does not matter. May a thousand nails infest the designers car park!!
Suzuki - new wanna play Swift - Aprilia
This is the case with almost all vehicles that have a 'space saver' spare; the Swift is by no means unique in this design.
Suzuki - new wanna play Swift - MichaelR
Despite having a space saver, I can fit a full size wheel in the wheel well.

Which makes me wonder why my car is fitted with a space saver if it doesnt actually save any space.
Suzuki - new wanna play Swift - David Horn
'Cos it's cheaper than giving you a spare alloy.
Suzuki - new wanna play Swift - daveyK_UK
the kia picanto - does not have a space saver but some foam.

however, it makes a concession to allow for a full size steel wheel to be stored if you wish.

well done kia!