Nissan Almera cambelt - dwhl
Dear all,
Just discovered this forum, looks great.
A quick question....I have a Nissan Almera 1.4 T Reg. Have just passed 50,000 miles. Was thinking about changing the cambelt but have been informed that it does not have one. Is that correct? What other things should I be looking out for at this point?
Thanks for the help
Nissan Almera cambelt - Aprilia
Doesn't have a cambelt, so no worries there.

If it were my car I would replace the alternator and P/S belts - its an easy and cheap job.

Unless done recently...replace spark plugs, fuel filter, brake fluid. Replace the coolant too (use only genuine Nissan antifreeze).
Nissan Almera cambelt - r.fensome
Like most Nissans it has a camchain, but beware, they are not maintainence free. The camchain tensioner needs adjusting now and then or the chain can come slack and cause damage to components near it.
Nissan Almera cambelt - Aprilia
Like most Nissans it has a camchain, but beware, they are
not maintainence free. The camchain tensioner needs adjusting now and
then or the chain can come slack and cause damage to
components near it.

Can you elaborate on this? Its news to me that the camchain tensioner needs adjusting on this engine (GA14DE).
Nissan Almera cambelt - A. Badger
What Aprilia said. And if you change the oil regularly, using a good semi-synthetic plus a decent filter, expect to do four times that mileage. At least.
Nissan Almera cambelt - r.fensome
I was speaking of camchains in general, not this paticular engine. The old Nissan Laurel 240L had a tensioner so the mechanic told me at service time.