MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - stoozguy
Morning all,

How much do you reckon to fix a tiny supermarket trolley ding in the drivers door of my MINI?

And where would be the best place to get it done?

Thanks very much in advance,

Stoozguy
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - Rishab C
£60-80 from some sort of dent magician - see www.yell.com
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - cheddar
Gee, on that basis my wife's Clio has got about £2000 worth of damage. Tesco's fault, the parking bays are just too narrow, not helped by the wife who I am sure drives around and around until she finds a space with a 1973 Land Rover on one side and an 80's Uno (with sticky out door handles) on the other.
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - Bill Payer
The answer there is to buy your wife a 1973 Land Rover or an 80's Uno :-)
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - martint123
The price doesn't escalate like that.
Think more like £50 callout and £5 to £10 a ding. They will often to a complete panel for the quoted price as long as rear access is the same for all.
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - GrahamF1
Hint: park next to the most expensive-looking cars you can find.
Hint: park next to the most expensive-looking cars you can find.

Not necessarily the most expensive, rather the most pristine, best condition and cleanest for their age.
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - CheapNcheerfull
Or do as some morons do and use the Mother and child bay, regardless to the fact that they have no children !!!!! But from experience (using them correctly) this is the worst place to park as the trolleys can easily fit between the cars and then cause more damage.
>> The price doesn't escalate like that.
Think more like £50 callout and £5 to £10 a ding.
They will often to a complete panel for the quoted price
as long as rear access is the same for all.

I pretty much knew as much, just having a bit of banter.

Regards.
The answer there is to buy your wife a 1973 Land
Rover or an 80's Uno :-)

The latter is a very good idea!
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - Cymrogwyllt
Local man quoted me £40 to remove wheelie bin ding from the wing (don't ask!). In the end he charged £20 as the job was not perfect. Hard pushed to see the remaining 'ding' though. No complaints.
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - BobbyG
Although no doubt the MINI is your pride and joy, ask yourself is it worth paying the money to fix the ding?

How will you feel if you pay out for that and the next week the same thing happens again??

Would suggest you just live with the ding as these things happen all the time, especially whilst parked!
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - Obsolete
Although no doubt the MINI is your pride and joy, ask
yourself is it worth paying the money to fix the ding?
How will you feel if you pay out for that and
the next week the same thing happens again??
Would suggest you just live with the ding as these things
happen all the time, especially whilst parked!

That's what colleagues told me when my new Ka got a bonnet ding while parked (from a 4x4 I think). In retrospect that was the right decision. If when you come to sell it the dings are noticeable, it might be worth getting it touched up, but I think dealers do this anyway when they buy used cars. If the paint has been removed, then a little careful touching up to prevent rust can help, but take care, and be aware that the paints often do not match the car even when you use the look up charts to match the paint to the manufacturer and paint name. So you are nest to remove a bumper or body panel and take it to Halfords or wherever to ensure an exact match ...

BTW as suggested, park near newish cars in nice nick, avoid cars used by families with children and 4x4s, and don't park near the shop: morons are lazy. Also avoid Asda, and try Waitrose.

Leif
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - CheapNcheerfull
Tesco's Asda Watirose all the same, but agree with you, when I am alone and not with child, I will park well away from the entrance an try to park where there is only the chance of a car parking on one side of my car, but not at the end of a row ? But live with the ding, just one of many to come unless your super careful, but lifes too short for that.
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - Pugugly {P}
We both respect our main vehicles which why the Landie trudges the 8 miles to the nearest Tesco. I will look for an Uno to park it next to in future....
MINI - Supermarket trolley "ding" - Robert J.
It happened to me last year in Sainsbury's while I was in my partners MX5 (would never have happened if it was my own car !) Anyway, I wanted a good job doing ( the car was almost brand new and I got more than enough earache over it) so I took it back to the supplying dealer. They don't have a bodyshop themselves, but for small dings they have a couple of blokes who come in when they have a few jobs for them. One does paint jobs ( he did mine for £40) and the other pulls out dents ( he charged me £45) and between them they made a brilliant job of it. One of the blokes at the garage told me they often get little repairs to do on their own cars and they don't mind 'good customers' getting jobs done at the same time. For £85 I was well pleased.