Seat Altea ESP fault - tsr
Ignoring my advice to buy a Honda Accord, my wife has bought a Seat Altea, which has rewarded us with its first problem, this has occurred 3 times now.
Driving along the motorway at a constant speed the ?EPC? and traction control/ESP lights come on and the car looses all power. The only fix is to coast to the hard shoulder, switch off and restart the car.

Before we take it to the dealer can anyone suggest what is going on, I am concerned that because the fault is intermittent the dealer won?t be able to fix it easily. Is this a known fault with any of the latest VAG cars?

Tim

Seat Altea 2.0 Fsi sport
Seat Altea ESP fault - bimmer-driver
I don't know what EPC means, but its definitely a dealer job to mend. At least its still under warranty.
Seat Altea ESP fault - Aprilia
EPC is 'electronic power control' - which is basically VW-speak for your 'check engine' light.
This fault could be caused by many things - your only real course of action is to take it back to the dealer for diagnosis.
Seat Altea ESP fault - Cyd
Following on from Aprilias advice I would suggest taking it to the dealer as soon as you can after the fault next occurs. It might be that a fault code gets stored in an ecu (though in reality this is probably too much to hope for).

The most likely cause in my mind is a dodgy connection on the engine harness somewhere. Because this is a BIG job on most cars the dealer will try changing about a dozen other parts one at a time. This is exactly what happened to a friends Volvo S60 - it took 10 visits and numerous failures on busy motorways before a new engine harness cured all ills. And this is despite the fact that my mate is Engineering Manager for a well known designer & maker of automotive ecus and he told the dealers what was wrong on the first visit!!!!!!!

I wish you all the best with your problem.