re irish Imports - alan
I have been offered a Merc Coupe by an importer from Ireland for about 3,000 pound less than a UK car. i know the warranty is one year( although I have been told this will be increased to 2 years from Jan 02) but will this car always suffer on resale later.

alan
Re: re irish Imports - Bob H
There is often quite a difference between UK spec and those in Ireland. The major items you can specify, but there are plenty of minor items such as different type of alloys and interior trim etc.

That said I have imported many cars, including from Ireland, over the years and it hasn't been a problem when I have sold them.

Bob H
imported cars and resale values - Hazel Harrison
We're considering buying an imported Zafira which has an Opel badge and European spec. Will we have problems reselling later? Will the Opel badge affect the resale value and will Vauxhall honour the warranty?
Re: imported cars and resale values - Mark (Brazil)
Hazel,

If you do a search you'll find stuff on two year warranties.

Also, another serach on the Opel Badge should find a thread from a month ago or so.

If those fail to give you what you need, then post your question again using the "New Topis" button since most people won't spot a new question this far down the list.

Mark.
Re: imported cars and resale values - ian (cape town)
Will the speedo be in MPH or KMH? i believe the latter has a marked effect.
Re: imported cars and resale values - Hazel Harrison
Not sure. That's something I would have to check on. Thanks.
Re: imported cars and resale values - Hazel Harrison
Thanks, very useful and provided much food for thought!
Re: imported cars and resale values - Peter
Speedometer is in MPH if it is an Irish spec car - I have an Irish spec car.
Resale values don't bother me since after 8 years (I plan on keeping the car) and 100k plus on the clock it is not worth worrying about residual values.
Maybe different for a Merc.

Why go through an Importer - why not do it yourself?