A13 40mph? - Dogbreath2
After 4 years of no more points, I got a NIP this weekend for 53mph on the A13 in a 40mph zone. Does anyone know why there is a 40mph limit on the A13? It caught me out - I felt like I was just keeping up with the flow.

damn cameras - its like Orwell's 1984.
A13 40mph? - Steve Pearce
Care to share where this was on the A13? There are plenty of 40 MPH GATSOs around the Dagenham area.
A13 40mph? - Imagos
This road imo is undrivable. Millions spent upgrading the A13 around Beckton/Dagenham then ridiculos limits. It's 3 lane duel carriageway with 30/40 limits which makes overtaking without breaking speed limit nigh on impossible.

A13 40mph? - Dogbreath2
It was heading east about 5 miles past Blackwall Tunnel. When it flashed I thought, must be a dummy because otherwise it would be getting 100s every day! Ignorance is bliss.
A13 40mph? - Altea Ego
The A13 in parts is possibly Englands worst road, and I am really suprised there are not more fatal accidents.
A13 40mph? - Imagos
The A13 in parts is possibly Englands worst road,

If your heading out eastbound past Dagenham Ford factory where the 70mph limit and no cameras come into play the road becomes a decent expressway out of the city as it should be, but yes i agree it does have an awfull safety record from this point to Lakeside and beyond.
A13 40mph? - Altea Ego
Thats why I qualified it "in parts". In fact i think its this mix of good and appaling that makes it so dangerous.