Ford Fiesta Mk4 Central Locking Problem - Fiesta Fanatic
Hi all

Came home from work today and tried to open the drivers side door and as I turned the key anticlockwise there was no/little resistance; the door didnt unlock. Baffled, I went to the passenger side and the door opened no problems... once inside I opened the driver side door but the central locking motor would immediately lock the door.

I managed to open the driver side door (by pulling on the interior handle and pushing the door open) and dismantled the door panel etc. and sourced the problem to a faulty latch that appears to have a broken spring (such that when the key is turned or when the exterior/interior handle is operated the latch doesnt spring back into the "open" position).

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? I found half a sheared spring and was wondering if this was a common fault? It seemed an awfully small spring for such a major job...

Hopefully when I take it to a ford garage tomorrow I can ask them to dismantle the metal lump to insert a new spring, or whether they're likely to try and sell me a new one... :s

R.

resistance; the door didnt open. I went around to the passenger