Cit zx & silicone - ubcaps
My son's Citroen ZX has a nice big puddle of water in the rear passenger's footwell. I haven't got a clue how it got there; the door and window seem ok, the sunroof and headlining dont have any tell tale signs of water leakage at all. Very strange. Also, how on earth do you get that Rainex stuff off the windscreen? I know some people swear by it but I dont like it at all. The wipers chatter and you seem to be looking through an opaque bit of glass most of the time! I've tried the toothpaste trick but it doesn't work.
Cit zx & silicone - Dynamic Dave
The wipers chatter

Are you sure it's not just the wiper blade assembly that is loose?
Cit zx & silicone - ubcaps
The wiper chatter is on my Mazda 6. It could be a duff blade, but I hate that rainex anyway!
Cit zx & silicone - Dynamic Dave
It could be a duff blade,

I was actually refering to the wiper assembly that holds the rubber blade. Remove the wiper from the arm and gently shake it. If it's loose and rattles, then the pivot points are loose and that is what normally causes the chattering.
Cit zx & silicone - mjm
You say the car has a sun roof, if it is the tilt and slide factory fitted type, then the water in the rear footwell may be coming from a dislodged sunroof drain tube. Water will get past the glass and the roof.
Hope this helps.