Corsa rear wash jet - loopyjen
Hi

My boyfriend is having a problem with his 1998 Corsa. The rear wash jet does not release any water... The pump makes a noise as if it is trying to release water but none actually comes out. We have tried to clear the hole in the jet but that hasn't helped. We also noticed today that water appears to be travelling into the boot and are wondering if this is from the rear wash jet, however we are unable to locate the hose which transports the water.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can solve this?

Btw, we're hoping to get hold of a Haynes manual for it in the next few days but any advice before then would help.

Thanks
Corsa rear wash jet - Dynamic Dave
If water is pouring into the boot then chances are, either the pipe has come off the back of the washer jet, or more commonly the pipe has split between the main car frame to the tailgate. As to where the pipe is, look for the black rubber gator in the corner of the tailgate that goes to the main bodywork - pull out either end from the body panel to check whether the pipe has split where it bends from opening and closing the tailgate. Depending on how much free play there is in the pipework, it can be repaired using a plastic joining piece.
My dad has removed the rubber gator that you are referring to and we couldn't see any pipe in there which we thought was odd. There was only some wires in there which appeared to be wet, and the wetness looked quite dirty... Should there be a pipe there? Could this be where the problem lies?
Corsa rear wash jet - steveo3002
pull down the headliner in passenger side rear corner..the broken pipe should be hanging around in there...it can be joined with a small piece of coper brake pipe
Corsa rear wash jet - Dynamic Dave
My dad has removed the rubber gator that you are referring to and we couldn't see any pipe....
Should there be a pipe there?

There *should* be. Unless of course your squirter is built into the roof mount aerial and not the tailgate? I can't remember where it's installed on the Corsa - remind me.
Its mounted on the top of the tailgate above the rear windscreen like you said. We're going to try to get hold of a Haynes manual today as there are other things we need to look at, like one of the front squirter's that has packed up and the water from it is going straight onto the battery.
Corsa rear wash jet - holly1
In the past I have had the same trouble with the mine and its turned out to be the washer bottle full of gunge. Probably worth cleaning out whether its a fault or not.
Corsa rear wash jet - A Dent{P}
Hi,
I've just done this repair on my daughters corsa. You need to get access to the end of the split pipe via the nearside headlining. There is a small aperature in the body, with your finger right in there, feel around for the end of the pipe and drag it back to the opening. Splice a new length on (first feed the new length through the tailgate gator, a screwdriver helps)and reconnect to the old pipe or take it all the way back to the jet. The Haynes manual will not show you anything on this prob. The tube can be bought from Vauhall for about £1/metre.
Regards.
PS you cannot feed it back from the washer bottle, I tried.
Thanks for all the advice. My dad managed to do the repair today, the pipe had split. He replaced it and now it all works fine.

Thanks again
Corsa rear wash jet - Railroad.
8< snip 8<

Although I'm sure your comment was "tongue in cheek", it wasn't polite and had nothing constructive to add to this thread, hence the removal.

DD.