Selling 98 Impreza Turbo - value?? - Ian D
I need to sell my trusty 1998 R reg Subaru Impreza turbo to make way for a more sensible economical vehicle, and so any advice on what I may be able to get for it privately would be greatly appreciated. Details are:

Subaru Impreza 2000cc 4wd turbo
4 door saloon
1998 R reg
metallic green
UK car
Totally unmodified
133,000 miles (mainly motorway long journeys)
Full Subaru service history
Factory electric tilt/slide sunroof
Air conditioning
4 recent tyres
Very recent clutch
Excellent condition, drives like it has done half the miles
I have known the car from new, apart from a minor problem when the car was new and a small oil leak 3 months ago the car has been completely fault free and driven sensibly from new.
Removable Towbar (fitted by me, used for 3 short trips only, will remove if required)
Never crashed, HPI clear

Values please!
Many thanks
Ian
Selling 98 Impreza Turbo - value?? - spikeyhead {p}
I'll giess at £4500.

Hrowse through Autotrader and price it attractively
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Selling 98 Impreza Turbo - value?? - DavidHM
That sounds about right to me - there's a sub £5k one with a similar mileage but a couple of years newer, but another 1999 one for £5,800. You might get up to £5k.

The problem is that Imprezas, while generally reliable, are high maintenance cars and not the obvious choice for big mileages.
Selling 98 Impreza Turbo - value?? - bradgate
Hi Ian,

I am currently agonizing over whether to part with my MY99 Scooby for similar reasons, so I sympathise.

Your car is made desirable by the aircon, sunroof and copper-bottom history, but the colour would not be most people's first choice. I would give it a try at £4995 and see what happens.

One thing is certain, you will miss it!
Selling 98 Impreza Turbo - value?? - Ian D
Thanks for the info, very helpful and reinforces my thinking of putting it up for £4895 or thereabouts, and yes I will miss it!