uneven passat - muky
I have a passat 1.9tdi 130 se on a 2001 plate i recently had it lowered 35mm with sum apex springs and when i put the wheels back on the car was 12mm higher on the passenger side front i was told that my shocker was weak on 1 side so i replaced both front shockers and switched left right springs to eliminate them to but unfortunatly the car is still 12mm higher on the passenger side front could you help or some one you know

thankyou
cheers
uneven passat - Peter D
It sounds like it is time to check the rear springs as a fault or wrong strength of spring here will be reflect diagonally to the front. If you have a race cct locally or a good tuning shop check if they have a full set of load cells and have the car measured to establish where the problem is. Regards Peter
uneven passat - muky
iv had the rear suspension checked and its all rite its a bit of a mystery coz its all equal except for the passenger side front thanks
LOWERED PASSAT - mfarrow
I can't help with your lost 12mm, but it would never be the fault of the shock absrber: they're there to dampen spring bounce not keep the car up, they aren't sprung themselves.
LOWERED PASSAT - Ex-Moderator
Has a restraining or limiting tie of some description been fitted to one side but not the other ?

I think you said that you changed the left and the right springs over, but the problem remained on the passenger side ?

When changing the springs, did you change the remainder of the kit as well ? (mounting brackets and similar). Are both springs equally well seated at both ends ?

If you compare the [old] springs that came out, are they equal length or different ?

If you try and bounce on the wing, do the different sides bounce/behave differently ? If so, then how ? Listen for different sounds as well.

LOWERED PASSAT - muky
No restraining or limiting tie has been fitted.
yep springs changed over but problem still on same side expect from shockers n springs nothin else was changed iv had it all checked and springs are seated properly i dnt know if the old spring are same or diffrent il look into that il try the bouncing test 2maro thank you mark.
LOWERED PASSAT - Civic8
Could be a suspension bush problem. Not easily seen.May be wrong but just a thought?.Apart from faulty spring..
--
Steve
LOWERED PASSAT - muky
iv compared the old springs there higher than the new ones
car bounces normally same all the way round dusnt make any odd sounds.