Misfire at idle after servicing. Pug 406 - wibble
Hi

Peugeot 406 2.0
Had the car serviced on Saturday. It seems to have developed, today a small mis-fire every now and then at idle or very slow speeds. Is there anything I can check before I take it back and any guesses what it could be?
Misfire at idle after servicing. Pug 406 - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Duff plug or mis-gapped plug. Not the easiest to access but worth whizzing them out and checking.Look for one with a smaller gap than the others.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
Misfire at idle after servicing. Pug 406 - Sprice
Agree with Andrew. Probably a mis gapped plug, or maybe one of the spark plug leads is slightly loose as has not been correctly refitted, or been damaged by garage?
Misfire at idle after servicing. Pug 406 - mjm
If it is the same engine as fitted to the Xantia, then there is a possibility of water running into the wells in the head where the plugs fit. Did they steam clean the engine?
Misfire at idle after servicing. Pug 406 - Bill Payer
Which engine is it? If it's the HPi, then mine (which I returned to its leasing company yesterday) hasn't run properly for 18mths. The dealership seemed unable to solve it and the leasing company agreed to take the car back early, as they did another one we had.
Misfire at idle after servicing. Pug 406 - wibble
Car fixed for now as I took it back. They didn't tell me what they fixed...

The car is ok for now but this morning when starting the car idled at 2000rpm but soon settled down to normal after a few minutes.
Misfire at idle after servicing. Pug 406 - Sprice
Ask them what they did! Cars will always idle faster when started from cold, then settle, its normal.