squealing brakes........ - Timaru
Hi all - my car has done 15,000 miles and has come to a halt in perfect silence under braking until the start of this cold snap. Now, when the brakes are first applied silence is still golden but as the thing is about to stop the dreaded squealing begins, could this be due to salt/grit getting into the works which will sort it's self out or should I get the garage to look at it tomorrow when it goes in for it's two year service?
squealing brakes........ - L'escargot
or should I get the garage to look at it tomorrow
when it goes in for it's two year service?

I'd ask them to look at it. They should be able to quickly cure it. Far better than hoping that it will go away ~ it might or it might not.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
squealing brakes........ - ihpj
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you've got a Ren-no maybe Laguna or Meganne? If so then you're in for one hell of a time with Ren-no :) Might be worth looking through the 'forums' at parkers.co.uk since there are a *LOT* of issues surrounding Ren-no cars.
squealing brakes........ - Timaru
Close but no coconut - Citroen C5 estate.
squealing brakes........ - ihpj
Then you might be lucky and this could be attributed to the weather. Certainly get it checked by your dealer and insist it is adressed, especially if the car is under warranty. Good luck!
squealing brakes........ - Altea Ego
"Close but no coconut - Citroen C5 estate."

ROFL made my day........
squealing brakes........ - killie
Hi
I also Have a C5 Estate had the same problem with the Noisy Brakes
had the Pads taken out and cleaned up Copper grease applied etc
this stopped the noise for about half a Day then it came back worse than ever seemed the Back Pads were making the Noise. Thease were original Citreon Pads Front and Rear.
Changed the Backs for lucas Pads and the Noise has now gone for good I HOPE.

P.S.
This seems to be a common problem on C5s
squealing brakes........ - Civic8
Salt breaks down into a fine dust.May be on par with dust made by pads.Try washing the caliper/discs-to wash accumulated dust away from pad/disc area.Usually gets caught on pad external surface and drops into cavity between pad and disc while braking causing this.Pressure wash is better as salt dust is difficult to remove..
--
Steve