Scratched glass. - TrevL
Comments please on the best way to remove light scratches from windscreens. Is it a bit of T-Cut or is this too abrasive?
Scratched glass. - frostbite
I would have thought you would simply be adding scratches, albeit finer ones!

--
Use it up : Wear it out : Make do : Do without
Scratched glass. - Aprilia
"Jeweller's Rouge" is what we used to use.
Scratched glass. - martint123
"Jeweller's Rouge" is what we used to use.

And it still works - An awfull lot of elbow grease though.

Scratched glass. - Civic8
>>>> "Jeweller's Rouge" is what we used to use.
And it still works - An awfull lot of elbow grease though.

If I remember correctly?.It doesnt leave a magnifying effect either.Which modern methods do..
--
Steve
Scratched glass. - SpudM
Trev
Had similar problem with my Daewoo Nexia; try Brasso, Silver polish or similar. Improved the situation but did not remove the deeper marks.
SpudM
Scratched glass. - TrevL
Spud,

Thanks for the info. My wife suggested this but I thought they may be too abrasive, and add to the problem by replacing the existing scratches by more minor ones (see earlier responses)....but if it worked for you I'll give it a go. My wife is usually right!

Regards, T.
Scratched glass. - L'escargot
<< ....but
if it worked for you I'll give it a go. My
wife is usually right!
Regards, T.

Why not try it in an inconspicous/not critical area first?
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Scratched glass. - TrevL

Thanks to all for your comments... the answer to the problem is (a) lots of elbow grease and (b)a mild abrasive. A lot more of (a) is needed I've found! I saw on a household site that ordinary toothpaste does the job, and it does! Standard own brand from Wm Morrison supermarkets does it....that's why my teeth glow in the dark.

The scratches were caused by a chipped ice scraper, so they were not severe, just distracting in bright sunlight.
Scratched glass. - Pete M
I've always been grateful for my toothpaste to clean the mirrors in hotel bathrooms. They always seem to be seriously fogged up and impossible to wipe clear. Perhaps it's the concentrated soapy fumes and no ventilation.
Scratched glass. - Dalglish
is (a) lots of elbow grease and (b)a mild abrasive.
A lot more of (a) is needed I've found! I saw
on a household site that ordinary toothpaste does the job, and

so what did you apply it with to avoid further scratching?

spectacle cleaner cloth? or silk? or what ?

( don't tell us you used a "soft" toothbrush ? )

Scratched glass. - holly1
I would be interested to hear that too. I have some minor scratches on my windscreen which only seem to appear when the sun is bright. They dont affect my vision, they are just a pain.
Scratched glass. - glowplug
A glass polishing kit can be purchased from Machine Mart for about £20. It includes cerium oxide powder, a couple of 'bobbins' and a electric drill attachment. Works great to remove Rain-X!.

Steve.
Scratched glass. - TrevL

I used the normal household cleaning cloths that we get in a big pack from the supermarket, the soft blue and white diagonal striped variety,in a big pack for not a lot. They are probably a soft synthetic material, but they didn't mark at all.