Hyundai Accent on drivethedeal - crazygirl2620
I've been looking at last weeks and this weeks new best deals list. On the list for both weeks on drivethedeal.com I saw -
Hyundai Accent 1.6 GSI 5dr Hatch solid colour £5631 (saving 39%)
Hyundai Accent 1.3 CDX 5dr Hatch solid colour £6111 (saving 41%)
I've looked all over drivethedeal and cannot seem to get it to register at that price. Is this because they have all gone or am I missing something?
Hyundai Accent on drivethedeal - Cardew
Having been assured that all colours were available at that price, I attempted to place an order(by phone) for my daughter with drivethe deal I was told that there were no longer any available at that price.

However they can obtain the 1.3CDX for a little over £9,000 - just a 50% price hike.
Hyundai Accent on drivethedeal - carl_a
I know its a lot of metal for the money but the Accent is now well past its best, the Getz with the offers at the moment is better.
I know its a lot of metal for the money but
the Accent is now well past its best, the Getz with
the offers at the moment is better.

I agree. However the offers on the Getz1.1SE('free' Aircon) are now no longer available either. Confirmed that with Hyundai today after trying several dealers including those in the Best Deals. Even though Hyundai ran half page adverts in the National press this weekend giving details of the offer.

Started looking for Almeras instead and the prices for these are more than quoted on the Best Deals. "sorry we have no more at that price - but we have----"

I am getting just a little cynical.
Hyundai Accent on drivethedeal - daveyK_UK
as a owner of over 4 hyundai accents (and finally the mark 3) - i can say if your interests are only reliability, value and decent economy - then get one.

dont pay more than 6 grand for one

and AVOID metallic paint - as the quality is awful.

5 year warranty is worth its weight in gold alone.

good bootsize on the accent - getz boot is a little small.

if you dont keep it garaged, piston slap will occur faster - dont worry, all 4 cylinder hyundias and kia's suffer form it eventually, just in britian the cold seems to quicken the process.

as a owner of over 4 hyundai accents (and finally the
mark 3) - i can say if your interests are only
reliability, value and decent economy - then get one.
dont pay more than 6 grand for one
and AVOID metallic paint - as the quality is awful.
5 year warranty is worth its weight in gold alone.
good bootsize on the accent - getz boot is a little
small.
if you dont keep it garaged, piston slap will occur faster
- dont worry, all 4 cylinder hyundias and kia's suffer form
it eventually, just in britian the cold seems to quicken the
process.

DaveyK

Those of us who have visied the Backroom for a while are well aware of your opinions on Hyundai see:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=25281&...f

Piston slap is apparently a new fault you have discovered - unfortunately my daughter's garage is not heated so it will get pretty cold.

In the USA, even in the mid-west where it can get really cold, Hyundai give a 10 year warranty on engine and drive train and 5 years bumper to bumper.

That said this thread is not about the merits or otherwise of the Accent but the unavailability of advertised cars.
C